harvester white lightning 44cal 300gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with these bullets?
would you think that they would work with 90gr vol of bh209. out to 200yds
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-171018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-171018_Chrome.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 22
I've never used bh209 but 90grs sounds high for a starter load. With this bullet my White lighting likes 70grs of T7/FFF. At 200 yards I would use a lighter bullet i.e. 240gr.

I've been using the regular Scorpion PT gold for a few years and they are some of the most accurate bullets I've tried. They also kill the crap out of deer. I started with 90 grains of T-7 but later moved to 100 grains of BH209. With the BH209 out of an Optima V2 I get just over 1900fps. From what I read the big difference between the White Lightening and the original is the smaller diameter. If your gun like the newer version they should work fine.

I've been using the regular Scorpion PT gold for a few years and they are some of the most accurate bullets I've tried. They also kill the crap out of deer. I started with 90 grains of T-7 but later moved to 100 grains of BH209. With the BH209 out of an Optima V2 I get just over 1900fps. From what I read the big difference between the White Lightening and the original is the smaller diameter. If your gun like the newer version they should work fine.
thanks, the white lighting with the green crush rib sabots fit tighter in my rifle than the pt gold and black crush rib sabots. seems to shoot better than the pt gold

i just got some samples from harvestor the 300 gr pt gold and the white lightning, the pt gold also load easier in my knight mountanier but not to easy. the white lighning go down but require a little more force. i am thinking the white lightning are going to be alot harder to load after the first shot compared to the pt gold

i just got some samples from harvestor the 300 gr pt gold and the white lightning, the pt gold also load easier in my knight mountanier but not to easy. the white lighning go down but require a little more force. i am thinking the white lightning are going to be alot harder to load after the first shot compared to the pt gold
if you are using bh209
it won't be alot harder in my opinion. I have used both and have settled on the white lighting.

I plan to use bh209,I was going to switch to 777 but using these I should be fine with ignition. What loads are you shooting with the white lightning? I was going to start with 100 gov

I plan to use bh209,I was going to switch to 777 but using these I should be fine with ignition. What loads are you shooting with the white lightning? I was going to start with 100 gov
I shoot 90gr(v), my son 110gr (v)
100gr(v) should work well.

i just spoke with the gentleman at harvester and he suggested starting at 100gbv of bh209 due to fact that the green crushrib sabot is thicker and may need a little more velocity to clear the bullet once it exits the barrel. i have read this in an article from chuck hawks, and he agreed. 110gbv seems to be the sweet spot

Latest posts

Back