Have 300+# lead, pot, propane, some molds but need help.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melt lead and mold projectiles.

.451 & 454 RB's for 1858 Revolvers
.450 Round Nose for 1858
.530 RB's for Lyman Plains Pistols and New Englander
54ca 300gr REAL
54ca Maxi-balls for 1-38 T/C Westerner
54ca Maxi-hunter for above
.570 RB's for 1841 Antonio Zoli Mississippi Rifle
.575 Lyman Minne-ball for 1841 & T/C Big Boar (wrote maxi but meant Minne) dumkoff me!
58ca 440gr REAL for whatever
If I don't have a mold for your projectiles, bring what you want.

I would like to try an REAL projectile in our LK-93's and am leaning towards the 250 grain as the 240 XTP's shoot excellent.
I wish my old buddy Bob was still alive, he was a wealth of information on loads for the LK-93, he even shot round balls with light loads. God bless his soul.

Last edited:
I should have stated I was NOT going to be molding projectiles now when it takes 18 large candles to keep the temp above 10 in my work shack. Was planning on some time in late spring or? I may have to rely on some local hick for help but the cream of the crop don't live anywhere close to me. I would like to leave a supply of projectiles for my son. He will have 30 years in military soon and then MAY retire, but he likes flying and what he does.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would have jumped at the chance to end up with a lifetime supply of projectiles, catch trout and steelhead about 100 yards away, see most of Idaho's game from one spot and ?????????

Back to the drawing board, must have missed something in the specs.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would have jumped at the chance to end up with a lifetime supply of projectiles, catch trout and steelhead about 100 yards away, see most of Idaho's game from one spot and ?????????

Back to the drawing board, must have missed something in the specs.

To be honest I didn't and still don't fully understand what you are proposing. I make my own bullets. It sounds like you want someone to make your bullets for you. Now it sounds like you want someone to make your bullets and they can make some for themselves.
I don't get it but hey someone might?

idahoron-

I am NOT asking someone to make projectiles for me but to help me and they will be rewarded.

A phone call interrupted my train of thought when making the first post, and it was old mind woes after that.

Did you read the second post here?

Anyone willing to help could mold a lifetime of projectiles for themselves if they wanted. With two 200# blocks of lead and three full buckets I doubt I will run out. All the person had to do was bring molds if I did not have what they wanted.

What I did not state was the real benefit that would be relayed to a truly interested party via email or pm with references.

I may joke around for fun but this is not. You can also laugh when I tell you my wife has to load my ML, swab the barrel for cleaning since one side of me still suffers from a shattered shoulder blade and numb fingers/hand. I cannot lift anything heavy. So I tinker a little at a time.

Back