Have ya seen what Tennessee is Thinking About?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! A state going in the right direction for a change. :shock:

Patrick White said:
WOW! A state going in the right direction for a change. :shock:

Not in my eyes. To many people getting hurt in PA and surrounding states. I wish PA was shotgun Muzzleloader only.

why ya say that Tom? What # of injured hunters do you get a year?

Doohan said:
why ya say that Tom? What # of injured hunters do you get a year?

I no of one kid who got killed at 250yds away with a rifle. People dont care were there bullet goes once it goes thru the animal or misses. :( A couple of houses got shot thru in Deer season were i hunt. Same reason. But to answer your question, i no of 4 deaths and 4 or 5 injuries over the past couple years. I'm all in favor of shotgun Muzzleloader use only. The hunter will learn to become a better hunter.

Grouse said:
Not in my eyes. To many people getting hurt in PA and surrounding states. I wish PA was shotgun Muzzleloader only.

Tom,
When I say it's going in the right direction I mean the lessening of restrictions.

I no of one kid who got killed at 250yds away with a rifle. People dont care were there bullet goes once it goes thru the animal or misses. :( A couple of houses got shot thru in Deer season were i hunt. Same reason. But to answer your question, i no of 4 deaths and 4 or 5 injuries over the past couple years. I'm all in favor of shotgun Muzzleloader use only. The hunter will learn to become a better hunter.

You could do that with your Savage or Encore. 250 yds isn't that far. The only way to eliminate hunting accidents is to eliminate hunting. I know you don't want that. Of course you can really cut down the injuries by making states archery only. Would you be in favor of that? States like Illinois are already shotgun, muzzleloader, or handgun only now and we still see accidents. Weapons restrictions are political decisions. They don't make anyone safer.

I agree Patrick. Most people dont use Muzzleloaders around here. I would feel pretty safe 250yds away with most people shooting a shotgun. :) I'm still in favor of Shotgun, Muzzleloader use only.

I'd rather see them outlaw drives. People around here still get shot, mostly because of deer drives, IMO-

I'm not sure I would be in favor of CF around here in Ohio. Maybe straight walled cartridges would be ok? Maybe in a single shot NEF or something.

The majority of hunting/shooting related injuries are from shotguns. Just ask Dick Cheney!

I think most hunting accidents are a result of careless shooters. They don't think about what lies beyond their target. Maybe hunter education should be mandatory before you get a licence. I know it is here. Of course that doesn't help with people who don't care. We'll always have some of those types.

My head isn't hurting because of the potential accidents so much. There will always be hunting related accidents (have ya seen those jpeg's of that guy with the arrow stuck in the back of his head). What I can't understand is people grabbing there .22 caliber centerfires, there Hornets and their ,204's and running to the woods with them. :shock: The lost and wounded animals is what is causing my head to ache. But they told me I was going to have trouble with this head anyway... :?

Legalize all centerfire rifles for hunting deer, bear and boar (presently only .24 cal. and larger are legal)

Alabama went that route several years ago for whitetail. I personally think it is stupid and that the regulations SHOULD be .24 caliber centerfire and larger. Of course a .22 cal 60gr Nosler Partition from a 22-250 will eat a whitetails lunch when put in the right place...what about the shooter using a .204 Ruger and a 33gr V-Max? That wouldn't be a pretty sight and is about as inhumane as it gets. I really don't know WHAT they are trying to accomplish..

You can bet you will see some hunters with a .223 because they are cheap to shoot. A poor selection for whitetails. I can see alot of lost game. :?

Here in Wi. where CF are legal its all CF, now having said that there are very few of the .22 cal. type . People just like more power. 99% are the 270 and up.
Ken

Michigan also allows any CF, but most people I've seen use .25 or larger.

"I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than riding in a car with Ted Kennedy". :roll:

"I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than riding in a car with Ted Kennedy". :roll:[/quote]

Or any kennedy for that matter!!! :lol: :lol:

I've been to Pennsylvania for the last few years bear hunting. I can sympathise with Tom for his feelings. I've been "scoped" more times than I care to be, and I'm covered head to toe with orange!! Guess they can't afford binoculars. Encountered several so-called hunters in the mountains that had no business being there, nevertheless carrying guns. It's pretty scary at times. Last year was probably my last venture for awhile. If you could hear some of the conversations I've heard over 2-way radios,,,you'd understand. VERY scary coming off the mountains at dusk. :shock:

Latest posts

Back