What are you Thinking Arkansas!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say muzzle loader season is for muzzle loaders period. If they deer are super over populated, then they should extend the regular season for half a week or a full week, then go to muzzy season. But this proposal is nonsense.
I also live in southwest Arkansas, about 4 miles north of the Louisiana line. Louisiana already has a primitive arms season that has both caliber and firearm type restrictions (breach loading, single shot exposed hammer (I think)). Regulating both seems like a fair compromise to me (if that is what AGFC is thinking).
Heck. With that change, I might decide to use my CVA Elite Stalker in 45-70 and sell my Optima V2 and my stock of that black gold called BH209 along with a pile of sabots and 209 primers and take a cruise!!!

Well boys i belive it's all about more tag sales, an money.They done same here in Missouri ever idot with any kind handgun can go late season, ar pistol whatever kind kills the idea of muzzleloader now its alternative season!!!
You are right on the money there. Here in Maine. they continue to allot more moose tags in the state's moose lottery, even though the population is way down from what it was years ago, thanks to the winter tick problem, poaching, etc. They're greedy!

I'm all for keeping it muzzleloader only but the problem is that we are a dying breed. Most "muzzleloader" hunters only do it because there's a season for it. Going straight walled cartridge will eliminate those so called muzzleloader hunters who will immediately switch to straight walled cartridges. If they survey goes by the majority of pollers then guys like us will lose everytime.

You are right on the money there. Here in Maine. they continue to allot more moose tags in the state's moose lottery, even though the population is way down from what it was years ago, thanks to the winter tick problem, poaching, etc. They're greedy!
Your correct it's all about the money. Think about it who does the State Game & fish work for ? The State Government, they want all of your money they can get. Way things keep going won't be no different seasons. Just pay your money for tags & shoot what you want. I am moving to Alabama in June, when they do away with the ML season. I will sell all of mine & just drown worms n drink cold ones

To me, my paramount desire is to encourage the ethical, effective, 'humane', legal harvesting of game in order to effect conservation and proper management of our wildlife.

The truth is most government conservation policy makers, loath hunters, and at best begrudgingly accept that we hunters are the solution to their game management problems (both in being their source of revenue, and the implemented solution).

I consider seasons, licensing, and regulations to be both tools to effect our goal of resource management, and at the same time they are barriers of entry for new hunters and hunters in general.

Thus the governing rules of any hunting/season should be simple and effective or they are net barriers to our goal.

So when forming my perspective on rule changes, I always hope to first weigh the proposed rule against these two questions
1: will this help conservation
2: will this reduce of barriers of entry/participation?

Or as a bottom line: Will it foster more people humanly harvesting the correct number of the correct animals?

If the answer is yes, no matter how it affects me personally (or my business), I support it as policy.

I see nothing here that prevents purist's (whatever that means to you individually) from hunting how they want.... more over I see it reducing a barrier of entry and probably producing the harvesting more of the right game at the right time. To me this is a net positive and should be supported.

I feel the same about the Michigan straight wall cartridge use during muzzle loader season (in the lower part of the state). Though here, I'd like to see Michigan add a muzzleloader only season 1Nov-14 Nov (stuck right in-between archery and gun season).

I'm convinced that adding that liberty to our hunting regs would promote more of the right animals taken at the right time, and foster more participation by both experienced and novice hunters.

Yours,

Tom

I tend to agree completely, no one stopping the traditional or the modern hunter from doing his thing, and if straightwalled cartridges help manage numbers and get more young people into the woods then it probably gets my vote, I know all the Daniel Boone guys are picking up rocks, and no offense to those,, I just often see many of us ringing our hands about what is happening I'm going to adjust and roll with it and keep doing my thing, I don't muzzle load because of any particular hunting season though I understand the dynamics pros and cons aggravations and acceptance, I muzzload because I have to,,, God, family ,and muzzleloaders.

Primitive season single shot muzzleloading hunters don't want a bunch of mag dumping trash shooting up the woods while we're trying to be stealthy so we can get close enough for a clean and ethical kill.

We hear it every season. BANG. Followed by BANG. BANG. BANG. Because the first BANG didn't get the job done. Then the idiots, who can't shoot for s**t, start spraying Bambi and possibly other hunters with lead.

Single shot hunters are some of the best hunters and best shots on the planet.

We have to be. No immediate follow up shot or shots are available to us.

I wonder if during the General Season for whitetail, and all the "Bang, Bang, Bang" guys are hunting, just exactly what they think of me hunting with a muzzleloader?

I dont think that those mag dumpers look down on us ML’rs. The first time i showed up at deer camp with a ML a couple guys were impressed and curious. Asked about it and thought i was “hard core” for going with a .45 ml and only a C&B revolver for a backup. I may have been the only one to shoot a deer that day too. Now one of them only hunts with his .50 Omega.

That was one of the main reasons I started muzzleloader, not full of people you could actually hunt.
Way back then....................... yup.

Now days............... no way in hell, at least not in MI. When the old farmers passed on, the kids didn't want anything to do with farming. So...... they split up the farm into smaller and smaller parcels. Hunting today, unless its on State land, is done by setting in a stand on either your own lot, or property that you leased. Leasing is BIG BUSINESS in southern MI.

Now if you were actually hunting....... you'd be walking around is circles.

Now.......... that's not always the case, as there are still large farms. Either the landowner or relatives hunt it, or they lease it out. It's nothing for a farmer to lease his 100 acres of property for $10,000. That's right.......... Ten Thousand dollars............. for a 15 day hunt!

I wonder if during the General Season for whitetail, and all the "Bang, Bang, Bang" guys are hunting, just exactly what they think of me hunting with a muzzleloader?

(buddy one) Wtf is he doing going out there with only one shot when he has a clip feed shotty..

(Buddy two) I have no idea.. but he's shot twice and has two deer.. I've shot twice with no deer.

(Buddy one) Think he'll let me use his bolt shotty since he isn't using it. I keep missing with my rifle.

(Buddy three) Have to hand it to him he can shoot. He's "crazy" if you ask me. He makes it work though That's for sure.

(Buddy one) Probably just dumb stupid luck tbh. I agree he's crazy lugging that crutch around. You know that deer was probably at 40yrds not 140yrds like he said.

(Buddy three) Hopefully it starts raining this morning lol hahaha. I heard they can't shoot when it's raining out.

(Buddy two) Ssshhh. Here he comes

(All) Hey buddy. Where you going thus morning

Lol. Oh my imagination comes up with weird ****. I figure that's what my group says though.

(buddy one) Wtf is he doing going out there with only one shot when he has a clip feed shotty..

(Buddy two) I have no idea.. but he's shot twice and has two deer.. I've shot twice with no deer.

(Buddy one) Think he'll let me use his bolt shotty since he isn't using it. I keep missing with my rifle.

(Buddy three) Have to hand it to him he can shoot. He's "crazy" if you ask me. He makes it work though That's for sure.

(Buddy one) Probably just dumb stupid luck tbh. I agree he's crazy lugging that crutch around. You know that deer was probably at 40yrds not 140yrds like he said.

(Buddy three) Hopefully it starts raining this morning lol hahaha. I heard they can't shoot when it's raining out.

(Buddy two) Ssshhh. Here he comes

(All) Hey buddy. Where you going thus morning

Lol. Oh my imagination comes up with weird ****. I figure that's what my group says though.
LOL................... you've got too much time on your hands.

I find it interesting how the same folk who think the rammer on my Firehawk is a tubular magazine, during our October muzzleloader antlerless and bear season, stare in wonder about me using a muzzleloader during rifle season.
Oh! NOW it's a muzzleloader...
No breechloaders in a MUZZLELOADER season please. It's like a trans firearm thing.
It's a breechloading repeater/ single shot! Yeah. But it identifies as a muzzleloader. For the season.

Latest posts

Back