Hawken gets a new Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GM IBS (interchangeable barrel system?) barrels are serial numbered. I had ToW breech an IBS for me w a flint breech plug at that time ToW offered after market TC compatible breech plugs. No problems. If GM is no longer supplying any IBS barrels I wonder if ToW is using GM barrels and configuring them to fit the TC Hawken and the problem lies in the breech plug.
Just thinking out loud.

I have a really good CVA Mountain Rifle :)
Just got off the phone with TOW and they are sending a return label and are going to refund my card.
So looks like I will be selling my nice complete T/C Hawken stock set.
Try thegunworks.com they make barrels for TC also.

The GM IBS (interchangeable barrel system?) barrels are serial numbered. I had ToW breech an IBS for me w a flint breech plug at that time ToW offered after market TC compatible breech plugs. No problems. If GM is no longer supplying any IBS barrels I wonder if ToW is using GM barrels and configuring them to fit the TC Hawken and the problem lies in the breech plug.
Just thinking out loud.
I believe you are correct. GM does not make TC barrels anymore, so the blanks go to TOW and some machinist is doing the finishing and breech. That was my observation how a flaw is replicated on three breeches in the same place.

I was told by TOW that GM makes the barrels complete for TOW to TOW specs.
TOW does not finish blanks from GM.
I believe that GM sent out a bad batch that they did not catch.
Not blaming anyone, it can happen to any company.
What I look for in a company is that they try to make it right and does not complain about it.
TOW has done this for me, they sent me 3 barrels without complaint and then offered a refund
when I asked, and did so with grumbling.
I will do business with them again without hesitation.

Just came across a TC 32 inch, 1 in 66 flint barrel on ebay. Never fired from a TC factory worker that had a private collection and passed away.

Last edited:
I have one percussion GM great, getting a flint made can't wait. 🙂
No luck getting a GM Flint barrel after a year, now 6 months more wait due to COVID-19. I did find a TC 32 Inch Round ball 1 in 66 barrel never fired on EBAY from a a collection a TC factory worked had that passed away. I see another one is posted BARREL search for TC HAWKEN 50 CAL ROUND BALL BARREL . I got a beautiful never used pristine barrel to put into the flint stock from TC still in the box.

Not good at all! I think I'd have to drill and tap it myself to feel good about it.

Back