He shoots, he scores!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with MLN1963 it is not worth the trouble. And they can look and tell if there is a tiny hole between the eyes and the ears. I know it is no fun but that is part of being a hunter, got to take the good with the bad.
I have had to use the second shot before also, got to make that first shot count.

I asked a game warden about it much later and he said that most LEOs will not write a ticket for a situation like that but it was entirely up to the individual LEO.

patocazador said:
I took a "newbie" with me during muzzleload season a few years ago. He kept jabbering so much at the truck that I left without my shooting pouch that contained extra bullets and powder charges. As it turned out I shot a 6 point high and spined him. I didn't have my .22 short for some reason so I had to bulldog the deer, avoid the antlers, and puncture his lung cavity with an "Oldtimer" folding pocket knife (not a lock-blade). It took that deer over 20 minutes to die. I haven't forgotten that .22 since.

Here's a photo of that deer.

FE6pt3web.jpg
If you ever come to Colorado to hunt. That would be illegal.

Just a heads up.

Stabbing a deer with a pocket-knife is illegal in Colorado? Or the scope is illegal? Or the mini-.22 is illegal?

Or is it all 3?

Back