heart break at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
I was hoping this would of been just an play day and finalizing day. not my luck. the scope on silver eagle is 100% bad. just the force need to start 250gr lee reals made the cross hairs move. still shot it hoping that it would hold out. no luck. first 11 shots i can't call them shot gun style pattering. the last 4, you could hear my heart break I watched the zero go away. so bad, the last two where not even on paper. I had over all 2, 3 shot groups measuring .5 to 1 inch touching. another 3 shot group at 2 inch. all at 50yrds.

as for my win apex. an dumb mistake on my part. I played with the scope settings. I gotta set it back up with the load I am going to use.

the bh209 load at 100yrds was almost 2 ft high and about an 6 in group only 65grs with an wad.

pyrodex rs was also about 2ft high at 100 yrds. until I massed with the scope settings. moved back to 50yrds, fired 5 shots. first 4 where off the paper last shot 2in high and 1in to the right of the bulls. I swabbed between every shot but the last 2. so with pyrodex rs my paper patched bullet like likes extreme dirty barrels.

trying to decide if i am going to buy another scope or just switch on off another gun for my silver eagle.

it was an tc scope so while i was cleaning my guns i called tc, when I get paid I am going to send the scope back to them. it will be replaced or refunded

That is good on the scope. I am going this weekend to do a final sight in with my Optima - Lord knows I hope it goes better than you range trip did.

I am heading to the range tomorrow. I put an tasco bucksight on my the gun that lost the scope. I have had luck with those. now all I hope is that the powder supply holds out

open sights! Only way to knock them off is if you do just that! LOL.
3158270298.gif

here is the heart breaking photo
silver eagle sidelock
blown tc 3-9 x 40
50yrds
65grs pyro p
lee 250gr w/wads

first shot hang fire
last two off the page
GEDC0907.jpg

WOW!! Glad to hear the T/C is going to fix the scope. I shook one of there 1x32mm Hawkins Hunter scopes apart and they replaced it no problem.

Had a .22 doing that to me and found it was ring related, the screws backed out and the scope was slowly walking off the rear of the rail. Hope they take care of that scope for you.

Jono

when I noticed it starting to do that, I checked the screws. then the cross hairs turned. that told me what was going on.

Latest posts

Back