Hello all!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onytay25

Reaction score
Although I have already made a few post in other areas I thought I stop here and say hi since I am new to this forum. So here is a little background.

Southern IL is where I call home. Since the only choice in firearms for deer hunting here are shotguns, muzzleloader, and handgun I've chosen muzzleloaders. I have been using muzzloaders for the past 7yrs, I had been using a CVA Optima, but last year felt the accuracy wasn't what I should be seeing, thought maybe the cheap scope was the hold back so I put a Nikon Omega on it, and even after trying several bullet and sabot combos I gave up and bought a new smokepole. A TC Triumph. So I'm starting all over.

I look forward to further discussion with the fine people of this board, by just reading whats available here I have been saved several headaces already. Heck I came here looking for help on desciding on a new rifle and discovered BH 209, not only that but found the cheapest place to get it, all without making a single post!

Hello, I've been doing the IL deer hunting thing the past 4 years or so on a friend's lease. Yes I help him some & contribute $$. In years past I sighted in a slug gun & brought it along. Lately I've just been bringing my Knight, leaving the shotgun home.

I just feel more capable & confident with the M-L. I have a Leupold vari-x-III 1.75-6 mounted & my trigger set to 2.5 lbs. I just got back from a youth hunt down there with my son. He used the M-L with an 85 grn charge of Blackhorn 209. He got a 10 ptr. I'll fine tune it some more with my 115 grn loads before the regular deer season.

Since one can't use a centerfire rifle for IL deer hunting I don't mind getting all I can out of the M-L'er.

Latest posts

Back