Hello for Kansas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1281982

Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself, My name is Chris I have lived in Kansas all my life grew up on a farm in Miami County. Joined the Marines in 2001 right after High School and recently got out in Sept of 06. I have never done any muzzleloader hunts before and just bought a CVA Buckhorn a few weeks ago. I am trying to read and learn as much as I can before I take it out to shoot.

Pull up to the fire and set a spell. Past and future posts will give you all the info you need. Got a specific question? Lots of knowledgable people here. All you need do is ask. Welcome and have fun!

chris1281982 said:
Just want to introduce myself, My name is Chris I have lived in Kansas all my life grew up on a farm in Miami County. Joined the Marines in 2001 right after High School and recently got out in Sept of 06. I have never done any muzzleloader hunts before and just bought a CVA Buckhorn a few weeks ago. I am trying to read and learn as much as I can before I take it out to shoot.

Welcome to the forum.

The CVA Buckhorn Magnum is a good rifle. It is an entry level rifle mind you, but I own a CVA Staghorn Magnum. Also an entry level CVA rifle. In fact your Buckhorn Magnum replaced the Staghorn.

If your rifle is anything like mine.. 90 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 250 grain Shockwave is one of the projectiles that works for me. Also the 240 grain XTP's are other good shooters.

Read the manual and anything that might confuse you.. feel free to ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question. So welcome to the forum.

Back