Hello from Alabama

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Utah400elk

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself and say hello. I have been a muzzleloader for over 30 years and currently have three muzzleloader. A .50 Knight Disc Extreme, a .50 CVA Accura V2, and a .45 custom Arrowhead muzzleloader. I have a 14 year old son and he and I have been hunting all over the county. I grew up in CA, went to schools in UT, have lived/worked in CO, WY, TX, VA, FL NV, and now AL. My job has me traveling all over. I have family in MT and AZ and have hunted almost every western state. My son took his first deer in FL using my Knight when he was 10. He went on his first elk hunt at 11. Took his first elk in UT at 12. Shot his first muzzleloader elk at 13 in CO and we were able to go on two muzzleloader elk hunts last year…CO and NM. Not sure what else to say but hello.

My Accura V2 is new and I am in the process of setting it up for friend to hunt with us or for dual Father Son Colorado elk hunt.

Last edited:
Welcome. What's your favorite muzzleloader?

I have two actually, both being Thompson centers. Really like my encore 50 caliber, but I have the TC 50 caliber barrel for my g2 contender also, both are really good ML's.

I had a Knight Ultra lite and it was extremely nice. I also really like my Disc Extreme. However…my new Arrowhead rile custom build is the nicest rifle I have ever owned. It is my favorite rifle.

I had a Knight Ultra lite and it was extremely nice. I also really like my Disc Extreme. However…my new Arrowhead rile custom build is the nicest rifle I have ever owned. It is my favorite rifle.
Cool, can you say it's your son's favorite too?

My son’s favorite is the knight Disk Extreme. He used it to take his first deer and an elk. To him…it’s officially his. He is a little nervous about the muzzle real on the arrowhead rifle.

I have two actually, both being Thompson centers. Really like my encore 50 caliber, but I have the TC 50 caliber barrel for my g2 contender also, both are really good ML's.
Buy any chance do you have a spare breech plug for contender g2 50 cal

Latest posts

Back