New member from Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Brand new to the site but not to muzzleloading. Started with a used Traditions side capper 25+ years ago. These days I hunt deer in Michigan with a .45 Thompson Center Omega, it's a very accurate gun. I also have a Remington UML .50 I use out West for elk, or here in Michigan when I loan my Omega out to friends. I'm heading to NM this fall for another elk hunt in October. Last summer I upgraded the UML with an Arrowhead breech plug and a Trigger Tech trigger. No scopes in NM starting this fall so I'm experimenting with the Williams Western Precision sight. Added a brake from LR Customs last month and now working with different bullets, sabots and loads. Kept running into great information from this site doing searches so I decided to join my first Muzzleloading forum!

Welcome from another forum newbie in CO. I'd be curious how you like that sight, I was looking at the same one.
Good luck on your hunt this year. I also pulled a NM tag for October and know how hard they are to get!

Welcome from another forum newbie in CO. I'd be curious how you like that sight, I was looking at the same one.
Good luck on your hunt this year. I also pulled a NM tag for October and know how hard they are to get!
I started with a few of the reticle inserts included but I shoot with my glasses and had a difficult time seeing the aiming lines. So, now I'm just using the separate fiber optic post I ordered. Been getting flyers shooting Parker Match Hunter 327's even with varying BH weights, but it could be me not being consistent with the peep and front hood alignment. Just ordered some Barnes TMX 290's and Harvester boat tail yellow crushed rib sabots. I may even throw my scope back on, settle on my load and go back to the Western Precision.

Welcome from Las Vegas!

Yes, you can spend a lot of time chasing your tail trying to develop a load with open sights. I’d definitely put the scope on for load testing then remove and adjust the open sights. Then do some practicing with the iron sights.

Been many years since I last fished there ...'70s. Back then all species, including Tiger Musky, grew big and hungry. Caught many lunker (5lb plus) bass and slab panfish. In fact, the state record for Black Crappie set in 1947 still stands @ 4.12 lbs ... caught in Lincoln Lake. Hopefully the fishery is still great.

Latest posts

Back