Hello from the Heartland

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughMan

Reaction score
My interest in muzzleloading has been renewed in the last few months and I've joined several forums including this one to get back up to speed as well as expand my knowledge. I'm from the Kansas City area.
In the past, I hunted almost exclusively with my trusty Austin & Halleck 320 made in Weston, MO but I also used a gorgeous Pacific Rifle Company .62cal underhammer that RJ Renner custom built for me. For a while, I was a contributor to Black Powder Hunting magazine including a story about one of my proudest hunting moments. After a long stalk up a rocky hill, I took this huge Southern Impala in South Africa with my A&H inline. I've attached a photo.
Not all my hunting trips were successful. I was hunting antelope in Wyoming with my A&H mountain rifle. I had belly crawled a long ways through the sagebrush to get closer to a nice pronghorn. I slowly raised up and POP, the percussion cap didn't spark the powder. I had my inline with me but my follow up shot missed as he was running to the next county. I was so upset that I left that rifle in my basement and forgot about it for 10 or 15 years. I ran across it a few weeks ago and it was a rusty mess so now I'm restoring it.
One of these days, I'd like to buy or build a nice English sporting rifle as well as a flintlock.
Impala01 (2).jpg

Back