Hello from Ga.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Been lurking for a while decided to help the cause with my membership.
So what brings me here is my general love of shooting.
Anything with a trigger calms my soul.
I've been recently shooting my 2 in lines with mixed results.
The 1st is a nef handi rifle.
Current load is 2 50/50 777 pellets 290 hornady bore driver with a win 209.
Running precision rifle 209 plug.
Shoots good enough to hunt at modest ranges.
Stacks them up at 100 1 to 1.5 inch if I do my part.

The second is the encore..........
It does good to hit the paper at 100
Current load 340 hornady bore driver 2 777 50/50 pellets cci 200 primmer
In PRB variflame plug
Also put the locking pin in along with clearancing the ears on the forend.
Shots vertically stringing so I'm sure I have a velocity spread issue.

Using the same box of pellets on both guns one shoots the other I might as well get a sling shot.....

Both guns I'm pulling the plugs and spraying down with soappy gun cleaner
And cleaning to bright bores. Between shots.
Loading is much easier.
My question is maybe the 340 is to long but I'm not seeing any destabilizing results on target just vertical stringing of 6 inches or so.

Probably need to stap the magnetospeed on and see if the velocity is way out of the norm.

Probably going to ask alot more questions as I'm building a savage smokeless in 45 bullet to bore.

Your thoughts folks
Nef on plate
Encore on paper.
I promise it's not the shooter on this one....
John

Attachments

• 20230929_114854.jpg
    20230929_114854.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230929_114844.jpg
    20230929_114844.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Welcome from a displaced Georgia native living in Maine. IMHO Ga. is a mecca for whitetail hunting.

That rack deserves to be mounted. I've seen some at the processors that were beyond belief and mounted on their walls. I miss my native Georgia, was born & bred there and was 62 when we left for Virginia. Ten years later we moved to Maine and have been here over 5 years.

That rack deserves to be mounted. I've seen some at the processors that were beyond belief and mounted on their walls. I miss my native Georgia, was born & bred there and was 62 when we left for Virginia. Ten years later we moved to Maine and have been here over 5 years.
He is hanging on the wall.
With his brethren.
It sure is warmer here in the winter......

Welcome from S.Ohio! I lived in Macon for about 3yrs back in the mid 80s. Did some hunting in Jones county and it was ok. Glad that I'm back in Ohio though! 😁

I always lived in rural areas and counties. The house where I grew up on a little dirt road was just one among others who raised pigs, goats and we had chickens. I've hated cities ever since then but now live in a....not "city" more like a "town". Nobody lives up here in Maine and Atlanta has a higher population than this entire state! Yet Maine is as large as all the other New England states put together. This whole state is rural.

Back