Hello from Western PA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMSharps

I fix what Engineers Did Wrong
Supporting member
Reaction score
I am an avid Black powder shooter. I enjoy all things Black powder and Muzzle loading, from Flintlocks, traditional percussion guns and newer inlines. I am also quite found of Black powder cartridge guns, namely falling block Sharps rifles, hence the user name NMSharps ( New Mexico Sharps ) from my days in the Southwest. I have been using and hunting with muzzle loaders, man I hate to say this for 50 years. Only a few years into the Modern Muzzies..

Hurricane, thanks for the welcome. I must warn you, Sharps Rifles are highly addictive, kinda like Pringles, you cant stop at one. Pedersoli is not a bad starter Gun, that being said, if you don't already have a Sharps Rifle, I would save my pennies and get on the wait list with Shilo, current lead time is about 23 months. You can give Lucinda a call Tel: 406-932-4266, unless things have changed a $200 deposit to get on the list, that gives you time to make payments or save your pennies. I have 2 Shilos, an 1874 Hartford in 45-2 7/8 aka 45-110 and a 1863 Papercutter Sporting Rifle in .54. They both shoot better than I can anymore. Cheers

Welcome NMSharps,
We might be neighbors. I am in NE Ohio near Youngstown. Well, there a bouts anyhow. I am trying to find a a place where they have wood's walk shoots. I used to belong to the Yellow Creek Long Rifles but their club is done. As you can see, I am also a new member here and still hiding in the bushes some what.

Whereabouts in western PA? I’m near Grove City. You can see my new member intro just a few days ago below yours.

Welcome NMSharps,
We might be neighbors. I am in NE Ohio near Youngstown. Well, there a bouts anyhow. I am trying to find a a place where they have wood's walk shoots. I used to belong to the Yellow Creek Long Rifles but their club is done. As you can see, I am also a new member here and still hiding in the bushes some what.
Wil:

I live in New Castle about 30 miles out of Youngstown. As for local clubs there is Samples Border Rangers. Thanks for the welcome. See attached below..

Attachments

• Samples.jpg
    Samples.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
I am an avid Black powder shooter. I enjoy all things Black powder and Muzzle loading, from Flintlocks, traditional percussion guns and newer inlines. I am also quite found of Black powder cartridge guns, namely falling block Sharps rifles, hence the user name NMSharps ( New Mexico Sharps ) from my days in the Southwest. I have been using and hunting with muzzle loaders, man I hate to say this for 50 years. Only a few years into the Modern Muzzies..
Welcome, i am also from western PA.

Does anybody by the name of Phill live in Punxsy ?

Latest posts

Back