Hello From Wisconsin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKami

Reaction score
Hi all, been perusing the sight for a month or so-awesome info here! I've been a "muzzleloader" for about 40yrs-started with a T/C Hawken I built from a kit way back in '75-shot my first deer with that rifle. Stopped deer hunting for a while, until I picked up a Remington 700ml in the latter '90's, shot my second deer with it in '99-put it in the safe, got a CVA magbolt sometime in early 2000's, more recently I've been hunting with bow and centerfire, but really got the muzzleloader bug again, so now I'm playing with a CVA Accura V2. After reading about the Remington 700ml popularity here-I resurrected it, barrel is a slight bit pitted, but still very accurate at 100yrds. So bolt is off to ASG for their 209 bolt kit/ conversion. One note of caution to new muzzle loaders-I'm a reloader, got curious about measuring by volume and found that my T/C clear plastic powder measure was throwing charges on the significantly heavy side with Blackhorn 209, 105 grains by volume actually weighed 82.5grains on my RCBS 10/10 powder scale-I know they are all different, just be careful. Long winded, sorry, thanks for a great site!

Welcome, WI is fairly well represented here. It's easier now that any scope is fine, though I do see the intent of a 'primitive' season with many.

I did the same check with my volume powder measure, compared it to weight on my reloading scale. It was off a fair amount to the high side, using the .7 or whatever conversion factor from the B209 site.

I'm usually at 110 grains volume for hunting, so there's a little wiggle room on the topside of the envelope. I may have to check a little deeper, maybe compare several volumetric powder measures to see how consistent they are.

Welcome, SKami -
I, too, began ML back in the '70's, put it aside for a while, picked it up again, etc. (did the same with this forum) :d'oh!:
I just came back recently, glad to have you aboard. :yeah:

Back