HOG Killing Distance Survey??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
I have been PMed & emailed by several planning to go on the fast approaching 2 Loshbough Hog Hunts about.. what is the average shot distance?

Thought it would be useful to gather in one Thread shooting distance input from those that have already hunted Loshoughs.

When Daniel Loshbough & I were runnin the Hogs with his hounds they bayed up twice. First location was in heavy cover behind a large blow down & I couldnt get a clear shot (About 40 Yards). Second time they bayed up i got a clear (seemed about 50 Yards Max).

Those of you who killed Hogs at Loshboughs...What was your average shot distance???

I watched atleast 4 killed in person at or less then 25yds. Mine was about 10yds. You can shoot at whatever range you choose. There are fields 150yds is a possible shot.

Personal stats:

Hogs killed: 1
Distance: Approx 60 Yds.
# of shots fired: 1
Distance hog traveled after the shot: Maybe 12" sideways.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Every hog I say shot was shot less than 50yds...make that 30yds! I saw seven shot last year. Hog hunting is GENERALLY close range work..

Latest posts

Back