Hog targets anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I've been looking around for some true to life sized hog/boar targets. I can't find any. ANYONE know where to get some?

Grouse:

Make 'em 1/2 size, then you only need 1/2 the shooting range and half the paper..... Or set them @ 100 Yds and it'd be like a 200 Yd target (well not exactly, but close enough)

Blue-Dot-37.5

Hey, that's fun. The vitals light up when you hit 'em.

Here's one I use as a target. Its small but if you can hit it you have "No Excuses"...of course this HOG has 2! :lol:

DSCF0121.jpg

A Blank Target:

hog-vitals.jpg

Loggy said:
Here's one I use as a target. Its small but if you can hit it you have "No Excuses"...of course this HOG has 2! :lol:

DSCF0121.jpg

A Blank Target:

hog-vitals.jpg

That's what I'm using. I printed a few up so I can ventilate them. :wink:

Had a lil fun this afternoon aerating targets with my new CZ 97B 45 ACP. Fired 100 Federal FMJ's thru to confirm action & to get used to this new toy. What a blast to shoot!!! No jams & it was putting them right in there at 25 yds. Then I tried some Hornady Custom 230 grain +P JHP/XTP's & it reliably handled them also. It just ate one 10 shot clip after another! :lol:

To finish up at 25 YDS I rapid fired 6 of the Hornady's at my 8 1/2" X 11" Hog Target. Man, it laid them right in there!!! I was aiming for center & 5 of the 6 rounds cut holes less than 1" apart. This CZ more than met my expectations based upon all the excellent reviews I read on the 97B.

This baby will be strapped on ole Loggy on Crossville Hog Hunt as a back-up to my White Super 91 .504 but if I get one in REALLY close who knows! :lol:

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg

Latest posts

Back