Hope to go fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Well, I'm back at my cabin and hope to go fishing. The weather here is wet, AGAIN. This is unusual for Saskatchewan but after several dry, drought, years the moisture is welcome, but it's cramping my fishing. Will have to play it by ear, so to speak and watch for a break. Might get out, but if not, well a bad day at the lake is better and a good day in the city. :p

Your lucky RAF! Least your in a position to go fishin. I got 3 kido's Dance Recitals to attend this weekend. :lol:

Looks like early July I will free up to do some more fishin.

Good luck with your fishin'!

How are the skeeters by the way?

The "Skeeters" are terrible. :x Worst I've seen in 20 years. Likely due to all the rain and standing water. Some of the yards here have standing water in their yards and never seen that before. Had another 1/4 inch of rain last night and this morning the wind is blowing. When we got here yesterday morning went straight out and fogged the yard and started some mosquito coils and we could sit on the deck. Even cranked up a good cigar. :lol: When we went for a walk we attracked our own cloud of mosquitos that followed us home onto the deck. It took a few minutes of swating :evil: and the coils to clean them up :D . Expect more of the same today. Looks like we'll be doing some spring cleaning today :( and no fishing. :cry:

Any deer show-up when ya cranked that cigar up? :lol:

Nope, not yet :D . Most of the deer are hiding from the Skeeters. Have seen quite a few grazing around the subdivision. Actually I saw one yesterday morning laying in the ditch. At first thought it was hurt but when I drove by again a few minutes later she got up a wondered into the tall grass and her back and hind quarters all hunched up. Think she was about to give birth. Last year saw one in similar circumstance but in that case the fawn was half way out.

I have to report that I didn't get out fishing. Weather was just no good. It was overcast and rained off and one. The rain I can handle :D , but the wind is what kept me off the lake. There's 12 miles of open water in front of our bay and the 3 and 4 footers were rolling by. No fun in those conditions :cry: . Stayed on the deck, swatted skeeters :? and had a few beverages :D and enjoyed my wifes company :wink: . All in all, it was an OK weekend :D .

Back