Hornady 350gr FPB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to give public credit to busta for the engraving the rifling tip for Knight rifles with the FTB bullet. I just didn't know if he'd see this thread. Busta, I have to give you props here publicly as well. You are a very informed and intelligent man in the art and science of muzzleloading, and you freely give advice and post your experiences for all to share. For that, I need to give you a public thank you.

For those asking about using BH209 with the FPB it works just fine in both the Triumph and the Omega with excellent accuracy and no hang fires so far. I have shot over 50 rounds and two boar so far. I would be inclined to use them a lot more but feel the price is a bit much. Lee

hjbuys said:
I don't understand why you shouldn't go over 100 volumetric grains for a 350 gr bullet. I would think you could go more and would like the extra umph to get that big slug going as long as your shoulder can take the kick. Please enlighten me.

could be that its faster burning, analogous to not wanting to use a pistol powder in a large rifle cartridge, though i've extrapolated quite a distance.

:p

Well, I decided it was a good deal so I picked up the last five packs of them at Wal-mart. ~$0.50/bullet isn't too bad. I'll see how they do next time at the range.

Back