Hornady Great Plains ballistics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the twist on your Accura?
1:28 with a 27" barrel, It easily shoots a 3 shot 2" group @ 100 and have shot several 1" groups @100 Took a spike last year @170 and a cow this year @ 189 plus several deer. Im pretty settled on the load which is 90 gr of Pyrodex Select with a 460gr No excuses, but it took trying all the lead manufactures to get there as in Idaho we can only shoot lead and the process was time consuming and expensive..LOL But fun to say the least.

1:28 with a 27" barrel, It easily shoots a 3 shot 2" group @ 100 and have shot several 1" groups @100 Took a spike last year @170 and a cow this year @ 189 plus several deer. Im pretty settled on the load which is 90 gr of Pyrodex Select with a 460gr No excuses, but it took trying all the lead manufactures to get there as in Idaho we can only shoot lead and the process was time consuming and expensive..LOL But fun to say the least.
Sounds like you've got a great set-up and have found the right ammo for it. My Renegade is a 1-48 twist, which may not be fast enough to stabilize really heavy conicals. 385 grain HGP seemed to shoot OK during my first, hurried sight-in session, but I haven't really tested them to see what they'll do in the accuracy department.

Back