• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD How about a White Christmas?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale only. I'm down sizing calibers. A White Bison 54 cal. This rifle was my Elk rifle for the last few years so it's no safe gem. It has a few scars on the exterior only. The internals and action are in very good condition. The bore is clean with no signs of pitting. The hammer on this rifle has the only visible pitting(in the face of the hammer cup).The original owner did not pay that close attention in this area. I upgraded the sights at one time to a Lyman 57 peep.I had to relieve the stock in this area to allow clearance of the sight. I repainted the relief area and it does not match the original Doc finish. I no longer have the 57 sight. The rifle now wears a set of Skinner brand peep and heavy post front sights (this sight is a great Ghost Ring type hunting sight). The breech plug is clean with no issues as are the rest of the action parts. This is just a solid hunting rifle with no mechanical issues. I have many pictures and can send more to emails if needed. A few pictures will be posted to view. $400.00 shipped.

ojxQGScl.jpg

FAzChLCl.jpg

xAS84N8l.jpg

AQiFFCrl.jpg

ANybOFal.jpg

What are you downsizing to? 45 or 50?
I'm down sizing in numbers. I picked up another 504 so I now have 2 504's. I have a custom 35 Whelen on a 1903 action in the final stages so I would like to open a spot in the safe. My 54 cal Bison is the only 54 cal that I own so I figured it would make the most sense.

The bison I had was a Myrtle stock. No problems with it an light in weight. The barrel an action made it heavier, but steady to shoot.

For sale only. I'm down sizing calibers. A White Bison 54 cal. This rifle was my Elk rifle for the last few years so it's no safe gem. It has a few scars on the exterior only. The internals and action are in very good condition. The bore is clean with no signs of pitting. The hammer on this rifle has the only visible pitting(in the face of the hammer cup).The original owner did not pay that close attention in this area. I upgraded the sights at one time to a Lyman 57 peep.I had to relieve the stock in this area to allow clearance of the sight. I repainted the relief area and it does not match the original Doc finish. I no longer have the 57 sight. The rifle now wears a set of Skinner brand peep and heavy post front sights (this sight is a great Ghost Ring type hunting sight). The breech plug is clean with no issues as are the rest of the action parts. This is just a solid hunting rifle with no mechanical issues. I have many pictures and can send more to emails if needed. A few pictures will be posted to view. $400.00 shipped.

SOLD pending payment.

HB,
I would very much like to hear your thoughts regarding the sights you put on this rifle. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back