How can my Encore shoot....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encore4me

Reaction score
....so good? It shoots better than any of my centerfire rifles out at 100 yds. I was using loose 777, 90gr but was allways spilling it in my pockets and such. Well this year I thought I would try the pellets. I put 3 50gr 777 pellets under a 250gr bonded superglide sabot and all my shots at 100 yds were touching! I am also using 777 primers. Loading and cleaning has never been so easy with this set up, no crud ring to speak of and the superglides go down so easy. I pulled the trigger three times this year, 1 coyote at 120 yds, 2 WT doe at 75 yds, 3 WT doe at 100yds.
I love thes gun so much that I bought a 7mm-08 brl for it but so far the best groups I can get are 2-3" at 100yds. May have to try handloading.

Matt

Matt, did the SW's do a number on the coyote? It seems like the harder you push the bullets,the better the Encore's shoot! :D

your 7/08 centerfire barrel

The encore and pro hunter shoot so well because there are no head spacing issues to deal with as in the encore/pro hunter centerfire barrels.

Handloading gives you more control in setting the 7/08 case headspace
for your chamber and gap between the recoil shield on the frame and the end of your barrel.

Handloading for single shot rifles is altogether a different set of rules.

Check into bellmtcs.com

choc-dog

rks1949 said:
Matt, did the SW's do a number on the coyote? It seems like the harder you push the bullets,the better the Encore's shoot! :D

The coyote droped on the spot the only thing that moved was his tail. The SW hit high on the chest angled down and out the bottom chest without alot of damage. I think the regular SW's would have made a bigger hole and alot more damage.
I shot 5 deer last year with the regular SW's and had to do some tracking with little blood trail. This year both deer dropped at the shot. One was a chest shot and the other was a neck shot( I expected it to drop). I still have ML season in WVa. and Ohio to go so I will see how these Bonded SW's work so far I think they are great!
In the tight bore Encore the load so easy, they do cost more but the extra cost is well worth the price for me.

Matt

Matt,that's great to hear. A friend of mine shot a nice 10point buck this year with the bonded SW. The performance was excellent! Complete pass through,and great blood trail( all 40yds. of it) He also shoots 120grs.777 FFG. Some guy's around here are shooting the .452 250gr. XTP's with good results also,most shooting over 100grs. powder are getting complete pass through's too,and a good blood trail. Ron :D

Latest posts

Back