How did everyone do this season!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the farm that I hunt on in Upstate NY, we took 23 deer this year. 6 were bucks (8 pointers and outside the ears is the rule) and the rest were does.
I shot an 8 pt and two does with my 10ML during the regular season. Opening Saturday of our muzzleloader season, I torn my calf muscle and was done for the rest of year. Was hoping to fill my three remaining tags. oh well, better luck next year!

Deer Pics

Hi
If someone capable of posting pics wants to mess with it I have two nice deer pics taken during Hi power season by me and daughter. Send me an Email adress and I will forward them to you.
Wayles

doe

Blooded my Black Diamond XR .50 and it was my first deer with the 230 gr Winchester .45 Hollow point. If you shoot their .45 GAP load you've seen this bullet.Kicked it out with 50gr of 3f T7 and got a pass through on a 55 yard front quartering shot.Doe went 30 yards or so and left a blood path. Muzzle velocity 1450 fps.This bullet has a cave of a hollow point so I didnt think it prudent to push it too fast...I love our early Doe season here in Pa.

Back