How high can a muzzy shoot on a clean barrel? HELP!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are comfortable with where the gun is shooting and your ability, a high shoulder shot will drop them in their tracks every time but you have a 4" target. To be safe aim for center shoulder, you'll hit bone and muscle there and if they don't drop they'll definitley be stumbling and leaving an easy trail to follow. Better to give up a few lbs of meat than to loose the animal. I seldom find a good blood trail on a lung shot with rifles before I see the animal on the ground, and then it's blood that comes out their nose. Slow down and make sure you've tracked them at least 250 yds. Good luck

Yep, the dead centers are good bullets... a 3 pellet load with these lead bullets might not be what you are looking for tho...

Doohan

If I send you some bullets can you test them for me and post the results?

If you can shoot a .504 conical I would like to send you some 460gr NEX and some 445gr U C shorts to run threw the Bal. Gel.

If you can PM me your ADDY and I will send them and Powder Info I am looking at .

Thanks

Yep... will do, I have a couple of other request I am working on...

300 Barnes Originals
and a 250 BE at 777 Speeds

With regards to blood trails & Barnes bullets; I shot a doe at about 60 yds. this year using the Knight Ultimate Slam 250 gr. bullet and (3) T7 pellets from my Disc Extreme. The hit was right in the "boiler room" with a complete pass through. The deer dropped in about 30 yds. and if there would have been any more blood, I might have drowned!!!! It looded like the "Boston massacre"; obviously I'm still a believer in Barnes bullets. Not sure why some of us are getting lots of blood trail and some are not.

Latest posts

Back