HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN HUNTIN/WHAT GUN??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a 30/30 Winchester at 14,three months later trade it for a 60#Browning Nomad recurve,I'm 58 and still bow hunt

ing and muzzleloading hunting since 8 years
Black Bull

I Probably had my first BB gun at 10 or 11. At 16 I bought a 12 gauge Remington pump for upland game and I got my first deer rifle, a 30-06, when I was 18. I was 16 in 1968 so I have been hunting forever... :)

When my dad got back from the war come he didn't want to have anything to do with guns, and I don't blame him. from still I got a BB gun when I was eight, and when I was 12 I got a CO2 Benjamin. I wanted to shoot birds, and I wasn't allowed.

When I was 25, I took a wammo slingshot, and sat really still until a squirrel was 2 feet away. Then I missed, twice.

I didn't have money for gone till I was 32. I bought a post-64 Winchester model 70 in 30-06, and went after antelope Wyoming. I missed the first 12 shots, and connected with the 13th. Over the next seven years, I discovered that the radical was broken, the four and was rubbing on the barrel, the rings were loose, and the follower spring was weak. Of course, after I fix the gun and it was a tack driver, I got rid of it.

I have done more hunting with a side lock Thompson .50 than with anything else. I got it when I was 36. However, it's been replaced by my Savage.

Mostly, I hunt deer. I've taken five elk, and one Barbary sheep. The rest of the Barbary sheep are safe from me.

I hunt upland birds with the Ruger red label in 20 gauge. I hunt waterfowl with the Remington 1100 in 12 gauge.

I have several air rifles that I practice within the basement, but I haven't hunted birds with them. Yet.

I have two safes full guns, I love them all.

I got my first gun, a Marlin 781 .22, at age 12. Still use it for chucks and squirrels. My shotgun was an 870 express-killed a bunch a bunnies, pheasants, and a deer with it. Gave that gun away to a friend who now uses it for home defense. Had a Weatherby Athena O/U for a short while and sold that. Went to college and ceased hunting/shooting for about 5 years. Got into bowhunting after school and that started the fire. I now have an 11-87 shotgun, Hoyt compound, TenPoint crossbow, the old Marlin, and a CVA Kodiak. I'm now 30.

Hunting for 30+ years...weapons currently include:
First and hopefully foremost...my Brain :lol:
PSE Typhoon @ 68#
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag 3-1/2"
Marlin 336A 30-30
Remington 7400 .270
CVA Wolf Magnum .50

I've been a gun hunter for the past, well, since I was legal to hunt. LOL
That be 22 yrs. I've bow hunted for the past 4 years and am hooked just like I am hooked on the ML now.
If it's been legal to shoot here in NY, I have shot it. I mean other than "non" game farm animals. :roll:
Oh, I did shoot a high recoil pea shooter until I realized taht detached retinas were not my style.

Latest posts

Back