How many deer seasons are left or still going?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Just wondering. Illinois last season is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Late firearm for slug guns, muzzleloaders, handguns, AND muzzleloading handguns. This is the LAST Illinois deer season until this fall. I'm gonna try to get one with my Hawkeye. I may have to resort to using my Extreme .50 if the rascals won't come close enough.

In Ohio you can hunt with a bow through Jan 31, 2006.

Supposed to rain tonight and turn to snow by morning.

I'm hoping for straight snow...

Late antlerless only opened in Iowa Jan. 11 (I think). It didn't matter because I wasn't able to go until tomorrow, the 14th. It runs to the 22nd. In the southern two rows of counties, they added an extra week to this season and high power rifles will be a legal weapon choice on top of everything else. That pretty much ends it for Iowa. I've heard reports of bucks dropping antlers since early/mid December, so I imagine some people are going to be getting a surprise when they go to field dress their "doe".

We're lucky that our season runs through January 31st. The bad thing is that many deer in the state do not show active rutting activity until mid-January and February! My old high school buddy (class of '72) and I are headed up the Tombigbee River to hunt some Corps of Engineers land tomorrow. Hope the rain holds off until at least Friday night.

Tennessee has been done for a week now. Withdrawal is just starting set in!!! :cry: :? :shock: :oops: :twisted: :x :lol:

jnr,

TONS of reports of bucks dropping thier antlers here in Eastern Nebraska/Omaha area. De Soto and Fontenelle Forest both had many hunters take nice shed bucks during late season.

Not sure why the bucks are dropping so early this year but seems to be happening a lot in this area.

Latest posts

Back