Hunting Licenses

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1945

Reaction score
I just bought a old Remington Model 11 in great condition but in need of a good cleaning . Started to tear it down and removed the butt plate inside I found a set of Hunting licenses dating from 1929 thru 1943 for I assume the first owner from Oklahoma ,wish they were still same price all these were 1.25 per year

Too bad they weren't gold certificates hidden there.
I think I'll pull the butt plates off all my previously-owned guns.  :twisted:

I already started doing that but so far no luck . i also have a Colt 22mag peacemaker that had a receipt from one fellow to who he sold it to back in the 70s.

I was looking them over and found the 40,41,42 all had duck stamps on them. Worse part about it is they are oil soaked and probably not worth anything to collectors in that condition.

I have all my duck tags dating back to 1968. However, I didn't buy one last year for 2 reasons, too many duck hunters now after "Duck Dynasty" got popular and I don't have the stamina nor the will to get up at 4:00 am any longer, pack a boat, launch it, drive it 7 miles and set decoys just to do it all in reverse 3 hours later.  :thumb down:

That sounds like me I used to love duck and goose hunting . Now Im just too damn old to think about doing it.

In the late 1940s-early 50s WV had a  license about 4"X6" that was a hard card.  It was worn on the back of the coat in a plastic holder.   Idea was the game warden could get the license number as the poacher ran off.

Latest posts

Back