I almost vomited when the package came in

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the same knot in the gut feeling last week.Thought I was buying a scope made in the Phillippins,but was marked China.It's a Simmons Master Series Prohunter 3x10x44.Bought it off E-bay for $66.....It list for about $169..Checking it out closely.Hydro-shield works great.From freezer,to ziplok bag of water-no fog ,no leaks .Clear ,very bright-it only weighs 11 oz.Shot 40 rounds on 300wsm tracks almost perfect.So far so good,will know more after it's on my smokeleess ml.

After my first Toyota truck I have only throught" why is this truck so good."

If you've got an '06 Cabela's Shooting/Reloading catalog, go to page 147 which is the Burris scopes page. Up in the top lefthand corner of the page is a gold ribbon that has printed on it "Forever Warranty" & "Burris 100% Made In USA". Then on the same page, the scope furthest to the right is the Fullfield II 3-9x40 which is just like the one I purchased from Natchez and on the bottom of mine was "Made in the Phillipines". Kinda misleading if ya ask me IF all Fullfield II's are made in the same place! That's probably what I was the most disgruntled about AND why I sent the scope back for a refund! Burris needs to be a little more clearer about the origin of the FFII's IMO!

Nic if you go to the burris optic website you'll see that those that are made in the usa, say so and include the forever warranty ribbon you speak of. The FFII is not one of those scopes anymore. My guess is Cabela's used the old banner from Burris - the FFII I have seen all were stamped made in the USA but are older version (2 plus years). They like many others did so to get into a market, the cost of FFII has dropped in price in the past 3 or so years to compete with the 3200 elite and alike...also orient made products! Just like Browning, etc it is nature of the beast, unfortunately costs less to manufacturer elsewhere than NA.

Like mentioned even known usa brands outsource many components from East and West and then assembled state side - so not really what it seems anymore.

The one thing I require is NA service depots/personel if something should arise down the road.

Best of luck with your replacement.

Latest posts

Back