I blew it today.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
I blew it today.

At 8:00 a big doe surprised me and I got befuddled. I didn't know the yardage, had my bow on a hook, and got caught by her. I ranged her and she was 38 yards but got behind some palmettos. Another, smaller, doe came down the same general path and I stopped it and shot using the 35 yard pin. The arrow went right over her back. She was on a different parallel path that was 5-7 yards closer.

At least I found my arrow.  Bummer!  :x

Re: I blew it today.

At least you are seeing deer, that means you are doing something right.

too bad, but there will be another oppurtunity. lets face it bowhunting is a game of range estimation. at least it was a clean miss.

patocazador, unfortunately I can still recall shooting over 2 deer that were too close :oops:  to even mention.  Missing just comes with bowhunting.  Good luck next time. ;)

Sometimes the moment just is to much and we even miss easy shots with a rifle as well ;)

I saw a nice 6 or 7 point this morning but he was 100 yards away in the woods. I bleated at him to try to get him to come and check me out but he ignored it.

Some guy hunting the same public area killed 3 deer in 2 days this weekend. He must be a darn good hunter and a great shot.

patocazador said:
Some guy hunting the same public area killed 3 deer in 2 days this weekend. He must be a darn good hunter and a great shot.
Or he was in the right location at the right time. Maybe he was catching them coming out of their bedding area or on their way to eat/drink?

Getting them on their way to water is a nice way to get a good shot in.

There's water every 10 feet around here. He probably found an oak that was dropping acorns. Very few acorns this year.

Back