I embarassed w/ this ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
Here we go, What do I use the or a bore mop for anymore/ I put a patch on a jag to do all the swabbing, I use a metal brush for 10 strokes then wrap that in a patch to stroke. What is the bore mop used ofr anymore? Go a head have fun now boyos!! :wink:

i love the bore mop. i use it to swab out the barrel when im cleaning and also use it to clean out the breech plug thread part of the barrel. After that i switch to a jag and run patches to clean it out more and then to dry.

Having shot traditional for many years, In my inlines the only thing I use is the jag.

I use a mop to oil the bore with. I leave it in a baggy. Rarely have to add oil. I think it does a more complete job of coating the entire bore.

Then I use one in conjunction with patches to dry the bore before shooting. After a few drys it becomes an "oil mop".

while soaking the muzzle in water you can also use it to plunge it up and down inside the bore to draw up the water for cleaning...

I use the 12ga. bore mop as a jag. I cover it with a patch. Just the right size for cleaning the bolt area on my Disc Elite.

old/new said:
I use a mop to oil the bore with. I leave it in a baggy. Rarely have to add oil. I think it does a more complete job of coating the entire bore.

Then I use one in conjunction with patches to dry the bore before shooting. After a few drys it becomes an "oil mop".

X's 2

I only use a mop or a bronze brush when I do a complete break down cleaning with water, otherwise it's a jag for me.

after shooting at the range i fill a pail with hot water and dish washer soap ,put the end of the barrel into the pail, remove breech plug ,insert mop and strock back and forth untill the barrel is clean ..

mop

caz, bronze bore brush, forgot the name typing last night.

Back