I guess it is spring now

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Today we hit 80 degrees. We also had 52 mph winds. We're in a burning ban and wild fires have popped up locally but were contained. My Magnolia tree opened its first flowers today, so in spite of the negatives we do have spring! This was supposed to be a bush that maxxed out at about 10 feet when I bought it as a remembrance for my Mother's passing. Its passed the twenty foot mark now and has about a thousand buds on it. Regardless, its a dandy and will have people stopping to take pictures of it if the wind doesn't whip the blooms to death. The bloom in the picture was the first to split yesterday and has opened partially tonight. Its time to open the windows and enjoy the fragrance that these flowers share.

5eFyfD2.jpg

Nice trees/bushes. Hopefully the spring mushrooms will come out soon also.

Spring mushrooms....I hope to load up on pheasant backs again this year. We need rain right now....awful dry here.

MrTom said:
Spring mushrooms....I hope to load up on pheasant backs again this year. We need rain right now....awful dry here.

I love all seasons here, But Spring and fall are my favorites! This North Idaho Country never ceases to amaze me, We can go from DRENCHED wet, to Dust flying in the Same Day! The Dust use to drive me nuts when we first moved here, i have finally become accustomed to it. In the Mountains on Logging Jobs i have seen Skid Trails That were near a Foot deep in What we call “Moon Dust” From being ran back n forth over with big rubber tired Log Skidding machines, It looks like solid earth til your foot falls through it and ‘POOF’ Up around your Boot the Fine Dust fly’s, When You have to fall a tree in a Skid Rd like that, you want to be ready to leave in a hurry! :D

We have a type of Morel Mushroom here that Grow under Pine trees, popular thing with the local folks here. I grew up on the Wa Coast, we had Morel mushrooms there as well, They Grew under Cottonwood trees. These Pine Morels are similar in appearance and taste. The last time i ate Morels on the Wa coast i got sicker than a Dog that night, that kinda broke me from eating many of em! :lol:

2 days ago it was in the mid 70s. Yesterday it was in the 80s. Today its upper 80s but rain tonite and for the next few days.

Looks like this Saturday might be planting day.

Latest posts

Back