I Have a Screw Loose!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Anyone here use semi-permanent Blue Loctite for the screw(s) that hold the temple of a pair of eyeglasses to the frame?

I have new glasses (less than 2 months old) from the VA, and the temple screws keep coming loose, to the point that I lost one yesterday/last night.

Now, I have to go to the Optical Shop at the VA to affect the repair, as I do not have that particular shape/size of eyeglass screw in my stash of repair parts.

I have used loctite products to hold screws in place. Also clear nail polish. More recently I have a pellet (springer) gun with screws that like to work out. So I took a pliers and gave the thread end a little squeeze. It knurls the threads a little and does hold it in place. Eye glass screws are small but you may find a way to knurl the threads.

fyi. try to knurl the thread away from the end of the screw. its nice to have a few clean threads to get the screw started before it hits the knurled part.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back