I just bought Swiss BP for an average of $40.15 a can.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Swiss is not available in my area. It's been this way for at least 6 month. I bought 6 cans from BACO for a total of $240.91. When divided by 6 cans, it works out to 40.15 a can.

The lack of Swiss and the initial loss of GOEX, forced me into buying and testing Triple 7. I'm not done testing T7, but I also want to test it against the Swiss loads.

There has to be a better way. Is there a cheaper site for Swiss?Swiss BP Order_.PNG

I usually buy from Graf&sons.
I've also bought from Buffalo Arms. I think Grafs shipping and hazmat is tiny bit cheaper.
Not sure how the per pound price compares to each company. Probably not too much different.

Swiss is not available in my area. It's been this way for at least 6 month. I bought 6 cans from BACO for a total of $240.91. When divided by 6 cans, it works out to 40.15 a can.

The lack of Swiss and the initial loss of GOEX, forced me into buying and testing Triple 7. I'm not done testing T7, but I also want to test it against the Swiss loads.

There has to be a better way. Is there a cheaper site for Swiss?View attachment 29370
Not gonna find it cheaper than that so… it’s the best powder for accuracy from side lock rifles. I’ve been really happy with 1.5 and 2f in .40, .45 and .50 caliber conical shooting rifles.

Travelers Antiques had good prices on Swiss and really good prices on their private label Swiss last I checked. I bought the private label Swiss and it has been excellent. Think I bought 20 lbs or so and he doesn’t gouge on shipping/hazmat like some do

Last edited:
Travelers Antiques had good prices on Swiss and really good prices on their private label Swiss last I checked. I bought the private label Swiss and it has been excellent. Think I bought 20 lbs or so and he doesn’t gouge on shipping/hazmat like some do with
what does the private label look like

It is Swiss powder they buy in bulk and sell in their own cans. If your asking about the label itself I don’t remember but it’s in small white plastic jugs

Will,
It must've been a while since you bought from them. Prices seem to be in line with other companies but they are charging a $44 hazmat fee.

Screenshot_20221228_094321_Chrome.jpg

Looks like $40.00 per pound for Swiss powder is the going rate. Well, everything else I buy or use costs a hell of a lot more than pre pandemic so… There’s stuff that’s damn near unobtainable still. At any price… so it goes. Let’s go Brandon!

And yeah, 1-1/2f Swiss for 36.00 is a great price by today’s marks… I use it and love the stuff.

Latest posts

Back