I Learned Alot This Week

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
I was having very good luck using my Pin on my Ten Point Titan.Thought I would do better using a Red Dot Scope.

Well the other evening I set up in a Blowdown,about dark a Doe come within 20 yards of me,I was trying to see her in the Scope,but was having troubles because of the Halo effect in the Scope.The shot looked good as far as I could see,so I took it.

Listen to her going through the brush.Went down checked the Arrow.No blood and smelled of rotten Weeds.Well I knew I had a Gut Shot :x .It was suppose to be cold that night decided to wait until morning.

Went down next morning Trail her about 80 yards,never found any Blood just watching where she had scuffed up the Leaves.But I found her ok.

Well I thought this is not going to happen again.So I put my Pin Sight back on,checked that it was hitting ok,but didn't really practise with it.

Well went out was setting under a Cedar Tree.Seen a Doe up in some brush,I called to her on The Can,she was looking my way started coming.Then a Guy walked up by me,I hollerd at him and he backed out.The Doe just stood there.After awhile I called again.She comes out and was feeding in front of me,was waiting for a clear shot.Finally she starts making tracks to walk right by me.I get my Bow up,was having troubles getting sight of the Pin,finally did,but rushed the shot.It hits with a WHACK.She turns and runs,I see the Arrow come out her Ham.I thought oh no another Gut Shot :x .I waited,she was just standing down in the brush.Finally she walks about 15 yards lays down,I started to walk over and get the Arrow,she gets up runs on up in the brush.I go set for an hour.Go back down,find the Arrow.Some Blood but lots of Meat.??? Really didn't know what to make of this.I go on down to where she was standing,bunch of Blood there but none going the way she went.I go on up,she gets up again.I decided to wait until the next morning again.

Well next morning I walk all over the brush,can't find the Deer or Blood.So I go home get my Jack Russell.Get him smelling where she had stood,he started following up through the brush.Finally find her,laying in a low spot,in some brush.I had walked right by her a couple times.

Got to looking I had shot her through both Hams.Lost one ham because of it.But anyway found her too.

Like I say I learned,I've never made this bad of shots.And I learned that if its not Broke Don't Fix It! As far as the Pin.Practise! And even a Very Bad hit Deer can be recoverd!

oneshot

Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble on your hunts, but if you learned from it and you got meat out of the deal, then it was worth it.

Back