Postal Match Start

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot my first postal target at 200 yds. today. The goal was to keep all 5 shots in or touching the 9 ring. Had my eye on my wind flag at 25 yds. The first 4 shots were decent but the wind was picking up from 10-11:00 [northwest]. The flag was acting stupid so I waited until it decided to behave. The instant I broke the shot a slight gust hit my face. Guess which one was my last shot? Oh well, it is what it is. Score 44 X

Attachments

• DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Sounds like you need a taller front sight.
To regulate.
I've had to make sights for different rifles in the past. Or adapt ones.
I like making so I can regulate the height and width.
I never shoot the Gibbs at 100 yards. 200yds. and farther. Not worth regulating for a fun match. X

Another bullet 350 grain Arrow Max very first shot just missed the red ring I decided to go ahead and put the next four in the group even though I realize for score it was not good however look at how well the rifle barrel likes to load this is 43 grains of and-120 450-453 shallow Groove Woodman arms Barrel

Attachments

• 20240508_170015.jpg
    20240508_170015.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
43 gr.n-120,350 gr. aeromax pittman,, no very cool easy to get up behind and yes I'm moving the scope one click left it's warm and windy out of wool wads too fixing to shoot without them continue to be impressed with the shallow Groove Barrel

Hmmm. Guess I don't spend enough time in the "Inline" section. Didn't see this. I'll see if the Encore and I can't get a target or two in by the end of the month.

Hmmm. Guess I don't spend enough time in the "Inline" section. Didn't see this. I'll see if the Encore and I can't get a target or two in by the end of the month.
We'll run it until interest fails.

In June, things might change up. Maybe with the complete elimination of any rear rest. Shooting only from the shoulder with a front rest or bipod.

We'll run it until interest fails.

In June, things might change up. Maybe with the complete elimination of any rear rest. Shooting only from the shoulder with a front rest or bipod.
Shot yestersay between showers. Cold front coming through. Half value wind from my 10-11 o'clock [northwest]. Watch wind flag. First 2 shots are 10's. Piece of cake. Next shot is a solid 7. What the heck! The famous "mystery wind". OK. Half minute left. Watch flag. Break shot. Almost touching the 7. NUTS! Another half minute left. Watch flag. Break shot. JEEZE LOUISE! Nice 3 shot group right where it isn't supposed to be. When I got home and put the scoring overlay on the target I saw that 2 shots BARELY touched the 8 ring. Clean living pays off sometimes! Today, mothers day, dead calm, bright blue skies, range closed. Just as well. If I went shooting you guys would be reading my obituary tomorrow. X

Attachments

• DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
  • DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
Back