I need to move md is overstepping

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is keeping you, I would not even drive thru that state because of the idiots living/voting there!/Ed
I was raised in Md. Born in 62 just south of Annapolis. It has always had a good mix of pretty far rightwing minded / pretty far leftwing minded ppl, depending on which part of Md one was in. Some of its laws have been seriously wrong over focused on & over enforced, while others have been way too lax & under enforced. Its gun laws were a mix of acceptable & understandable, & awe hell no. If I ever went back to Md it would only be way out in western Md where they can make all the awe hell no kinda laws they want, no one is going to care or be concerned one bit with ever following any of them anyway.

I’m not a Marylander, but it is a beautiful state. It has the Atlantic coast, the Chesapeake , rivers,lakes, farmlands, mountains and good hunting. The problem with Md. is the two cities Annapolis and Baltimore control the state and have no clue how or what the rest of the state looks like or needs.
My 2cts.
A native Virginian living in WV writing.
I approve of this message. lol

I’m not a Marylander, but it is a beautiful state. It has the Atlantic coast, the Chesapeake , rivers,lakes, farmlands, mountains and good hunting. The problem with Md. is the two cities Annapolis and Baltimore control the state and have no clue how or what the rest of the state looks like or needs.
My 2cts.
Same problem in Illinois and New York.

Boone no offense but I'm black ain't no way I'm moving to Alabama

Try the Huntsville area if you ever come this way. Since 1963 it's been people from all over the world. Marshall Space Flight center, Redstone rockets and everybody and his brother from all sorts of military and contractors moving in during the last few years. Even cars being made here. So, it's not like the historic thoughts of Alabama.

But you know what is best for yourself. And good wishes for you and yours.

My 2cts.
Same problem in lots of places: Ca- LA and San Fran; OR - Portland; WA - Seattle and Olympia. Seems that there's something about big cities which makes people crazy stupid.

My 2cts.
You forgot Montgomery and Baltimore county. Howard co. isn’t far behind. I’ve been wanting to leave for years, wife won’t leave our grandkids.

Maryland has a good economy and decent wages. Folks who are not yet retired and lack a professional occupation should be very careful where they move to. The economy in some pro-gun states stinks and working wages are low.

Case in point, Oklahoma. We moved here in 1985. Since 1985 i've worked in 17 different states and worked overseas for five years.

In 1993 an out of state job ended and i filed for unemployment in Oklahoma. The people at the unemployment office nearly had a fit when i stated the hourly wage as $40 per hour. The supervisor warned me that after six months i would be required accept a job at half that rate if offered.

Told the guy: "Find me a job at $20 per hour in Oklahoma and i'll work there until i die."

I moved to Maryland in 1976 when I was in high school. My family moved from the Bronx, NY to Frederick County, Maryland. At that time Frederick was a mostly agricultural area with lots of dairy farms. The people in the county were very conservative and crime was almost non existent. We would drive our pickup trucks to school with shotguns or rifles hanging in the back window gunrack. It was a great place to grow up.
The secret got out about how good a place it was. Lots of people were attracted to this county.It is also only about 45 minutes from Washington DC and Baltimore. It quickly became a bedroom community for those working in the big cities and outlying areas around DC. The population of the county tripled from 1980 to 1995 and has not stopped growing since.
The problem is most of the new people did not assimilate to the area like my family did when we moved here. They brought their antigun, anticonservative sentiment with them and have changed the entire landscape of this county and most of the state. Figuratively and literally speaking.
I can probably count the amount of dairy farms left on my hands and have a few fingers leftover.
Some of the people now running our county are complete Wackos. Check out the 30 second video of our County Executive below. Her name is Jessica Fitzwater, Frederick County Executive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back