If you could only keep one

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White or otherwise?

I'd keep my White Lightning.504 because the S91 is hard to cock and the other 2 Whites have cracked stocks. My other muzzleloaders are CVA's and a knight... so why would I keep those things šŸ˜œ
If I could only keep 1 ML from here on out the rest of my life, it would be the .40 Omega SML I have coming. If we're talking factoy ML's only, it would be my Accura V2 .45 bc I hunt from 200yds- in, a whole lot more than & I do 200yrs-out & from a treestand far more often than not. The Accura with bullet to bore &/or sabots, its my Go-To & I shoot it far more than any other gun I have.

Oh muzzleloaders. I thought we were talking mistresses! I couldn't get by with one because PA has a primitive season that only allows use of flintlocks. But if I had to only have one it would be my Renegade flinter with its custom .58 cal barrel.

It would be too hard to choose. I would miss one that I got rid of. I already did that one e with my Omega. So glad to have it back, on the other hand I always wanted a knight so I could t get rid of those without terrible remorse. I donā€™t like this question. Skipping it. Ha!

Of the 7 or 8 muzzleloaders I own, 2 of them are Whites. I would have no problem letting the 6 other brand of rifles go as long as Iā€™m keeping my 2 Whites. .504 M97 & .451 Super S91/Super Safari depending on which stock I have on it. Iā€™ve learned far too much valuable info and become such a better shooter from shooting them and reading every piece of information about White Rifles I can find in the past couple years of owning them than I have in all the years Iā€™ve been shooting muzzleloaders.

I don't own a White but feel I have a leg up on them with the Patriot .45. I can shoot any black or sub and I can shoot it as a smokeless. True versatility. The gun is short enough for carrying in thick stuff and light enough to carry distances and is very, very accurate. If I was to keep just one muzzleloader, the Patriot would be it in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back