I'll Never know.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Reaction score
First chance to take the new gun out last weekend. Up in the Adirondacks. Beautiful morning Saturday, mid 20's when I headed out. Dressed light figuring I would work up a sweat hiking. Got cold within a half hour so I stopped to put my long john top on. Bending over getting it out of my pack I catch a flag out of the corner of my eye. All I can see is the large back end of something grazing about 150 yards off. Went prone and started belly crawling about 30 feet to the top of the small bump I was on. Almost got the the top and...kicked up two grouse. Scared the crap out of me, and sure enough that big tail was running way....

I'll never know.... :?: :?:

Max

Those grouse will do that to you :shock: . Happened to me many times while hunting for them. By the time you settle down they're almost out of range. I said almost :wink:

A grouse helped me get my first deer ever. I was hunting in southeast Ohio. Got bored and started walking the ridges. Kicked this grouse up-scared the crap out of me. It sounded like a flying buzzsaw. It landed in a thicket about 50 yds from me and when it did, out jumps this button buck. The deer trotted about 20yds past me. I shouldered my 870 pump, swung with him and ended up killing him with a neck shot. Thank you, Mr. Grouse :D

Latest posts

Back