IMR White Hots compared to Triple7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick1

Reaction score
CVA has recently endorsed the IMR Lengendary Powder Co., specifically the IMR White Hots.

What I wanted to know was has anyone tried these and if so what did you think?

I am planning to test these against the Triple 7 that I have been using so any input would be appreciated.

white-hots-grouping.jpg

Rick said:
CVA has recently endorsed the IMR Lengendary Powder Co., specifically the IMR White Hots.

What I wanted to know was has anyone tried these and if so what did you think?

I am planning to test these against the Triple 7 that I have been using so any input would be appreciated.

white-hots-grouping.jpg
I threw a post up on January 14 about WHITE HOTS also inquirying. I got 14 VIEWS but no one bit. I guess they are perhaps too new with not enough users to comment.

Certainly keep us posted on any range reports Rick.

sqezer said:
Marty once again we as .45 shooters have been left out again.
yep, second class once again sqezer. :(

Doesn't anyone out there understand external ballistics or what?
Do any of the .50 sabot users even know what's in their sabots?

I just recently stuck a bug in TRADITIONS Firearms ears that they do not offer .45's in their new Vortek line, and THOR...still draggin' their feet as well with their .45 production. :x

they are supposed to be the same stuff as T7 but without the color additive. Guess we wont know until you try'em for us!

sqezer said:
Not yet Rick but I do plan on doing some testing once it warms up and get rid of some of our snow. Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome!

I here ya on it warming up and snow leaving.

FrontierGander said:
they are supposed to be the same stuff as T7 but without the color additive. Guess we wont know until you try'em for us!
Works for me. I am going to get some.

Marty said:
sqezer said:
Marty once again we as .45 shooters have been left out again.
yep, second class once again sqezer. :(

Doesn't anyone out there understand external ballistics or what?
Do any of the .50 sabot users even know what's in their sabots?

I just recently stuck a bug in TRADITIONS Firearms ears that they do not offer .45's in their new Vortek line, and THOR...still draggin' their feet as well with their .45 production. :x
Marty, I was talking about powder and it sounds like you are talking about bullets. Am I right or did I miss something?

Rick, you didn't miss a thing...I'm just ramplin' about everything in general when it comes to .45 gear. Pellets, rifles, bullets. I'm just complainin' about the .45 industry :)

Marty said:
Rick, you didn't miss a thing...I'm just ramplin' about everything in general when it comes to .45 gear. Pellets, rifles, bullets. I'm just complainin' about the .45 industry :)
I think you do have a point, they are kind of overlooked because of the .50 caliber.

That just gave me an idea for a post on my blog. I am going to write something about the .45 and it's place in the hunting world. keep an eye on "Whitetail Woods".http://whitetailwoods.blogspot.com

Looking for IMR's and found a dealer that sells them for $28 + change for 72 charges.

They are a 45 minute ride from my place. Still looking for something closer.

Well guys i will say that a .45cal would have been great for me if they had one as cheap as i got my .50 bobcat....$58 new from wally world...give me any new gun for that price that is legal to kill deer and i will buy it.

you guys already have the edge with the 45 so why worry about a new trick powder....
I know ....just to make us .50 shooters feel even worse when that deer pokes his head out at 240 yards :pale:

I finally shot those white hots I had bought and I was impressed. It shot very clean, a lot better than Triple 7 does.

Not putting Triple 7 down because it does fire well for me but clearly IMR White Hots are cleaner burning.

yess they are cleaner an hotter i like them better for the 50 cal but where are the 45 cal .How about loose powder in this better yet

I used white hots last year to hunt with every bullet I shot with them grouped well and I killed two deer with them sooooo.............. They work and are handier than loose powder until I found Lanes tubes.

Ya, the white hots definately burn as clean as the 777, the only difference I have noticed is that crud ring that buils up in the bottom of the barrel.

Rick you said the only difference was the crud ring ? What did you mean it was less or more then the T7? I just switched to loose T7, 3f in my Accura ( still trying to find how many gr would be similar to the 2 pellets of T7 I used to shoot)

gman57 said:
Rick you said the only difference was the crud ring ? What did you mean it was less or more then the T7? I just switched to loose T7, 3f in my Accura ( still trying to find how many gr would be similar to the 2 pellets of T7 I used to shoot)
Sorry for the confusion,
What I was talking bout is the crud ring after using 777 pellets and no crud ring with the whitehots. I have never tried using loose 777 butt I plan to just as soon as I can pick some up.

I tried White Hots last year. After 3 shots it was a bear to load. Crud ring was still there and no accuracy. I gave away to rest to my buddy who shot 3 shots and then just threw them in his shooting box and broke out the Triple 7 2F for the rest of the range session.

Marty,
You have BH209, thats all you need in that .45 :D

Back