In search of

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have a grand total of 2 White Rifles :D My Bison is grazing nicely, right along side my other Bison. Came in the mail today. Nothing fancy..just a real nice clean rifle. 54 cal blue with I believe a painted wood stock (almost feels and sounds like composite??) Basic barrel sights but that will be changing. I sent a few pics to idaholewy...maybe he will be so kind as to post them for me.

Here they be

gEFqgWV.jpg

FCaj8V6.jpg

vPtaiEy.jpg

Mr. HB, SURELY you don’t think that thing looks better than this Old Stainless MK-85 YOU sold me do ya? :lol:

Be careful you don't poke your eyes out with that thing! GRIN Now the addiction begins! Unfortunately no cure except to buy more. GRIN

Idaholewis said:
Mr. HB, SURELY you don’t think that thing looks better than this Old Stainless MK-85 YOU sold me do ya? :lol:
Maybe not but Hey , it’s a WHITE :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ideeholew...no I don't. She is pretty plain jane ain't she. Hopefully what she lacks in looks, makes up for in deadly accuracy. But I do gotta tell ya, If I get a choice of which rifle I would rather take apart to clean and maintain...The WHITE WINS HANDS DOWN! Just my humble opinion :wink: Oh By the way...Dont Hate :D

Harleysboss said:
Ideeholew...no I don't. She is pretty plain jane ain't she. Hopefully what she lacks in looks, makes up for in deadly accuracy. But I do gotta tell ya, If I get a choice of which rifle I would rather take apart to clean and maintain...The WHITE WINS HANDS DOWN! Just my humble opinion :wink: Oh By the way...Dont Hate :D

:lol: :lol: You just need to learn how to clean a Rifle, I’ll teach ya Sometime Ole buddy! :yeah:

I dunno, every gun has its pros and cons. the gun may be easy to clean, but a slam fire dirties up the scope a lot more, so to me, its a trade off.
6 of one, half dozen of another.

Squeeze said:
I dunno, every gun has its pros and cons. the gun may be easy to clean, but a slam fire dirties up the scope a lot more, so to me, its a trade off.
6 of one, half dozen of another.
The comparison is between an mk85 and a white , so both are plunger guns

Harleysboss said:
I now have a grand total of 2 White Rifles :D My Bison is grazing nicely, right along side my other Bison. Came in the mail today. Nothing fancy..just a real nice clean rifle. 54 cal blue with I believe a painted wood stock (almost feels and sounds like composite??) Basic barrel sights but that will be changing. I sent a few pics to idaholewy...maybe he will be so kind as to post them for me.
The Bison wood stock is supposed to be Myrtle wood. I have seen pics of some of these stocks that will crack and/or split in the handle area when using heavy loads so be careful.

The only Myrtle stock I own is a White Thunder shotgun that I use for small game, so far not a problem with 75gr. T72Fg. I have an extra laminate stock for it just in case.

Latest posts

Back