In Stock Percussion Caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the weekend, I ordered a thousand CCI # 11 magnum caps from Basspro. 54.00, free shipping but paid $ 20.00 hazmat fee.
Thats not bad. Guys on GB are selling (trying to) with $50 shipping and 3% cc fees on top of $225 buy it now price for a 1k primers that normally go $45-$50 off the shelf. I can go 2 years with out shooting or reloading at those prices.

I just got a messg from a guy in the FB ML group (he's getting essentials for when his Paramount gets delivered ) he asked what primers to buy. I replied CCI BR-2 they should cost 5.00 per 100 ( thats what I paid early this yr at Bass Pro) He shows me a pic of the only place he said he could find them & they are 12.99 pre 100......... I had no words...

The little old gun shop 9 miles away from me has GOEX for 28 bucks after tax and $6.49 a hundred for # 11 caps. One of them were magnums so I bought 2 tins. I could have bought more , but I have about 800 and that should get me through a yr. I figure there is a guy out there that would love to get them for $6.49 plus tax . Someone just like us.

The little old gun shop 9 miles away from me has GOEX for 28 bucks after tax and $6.49 a hundred for # 11 caps. One of them were magnums so I bought 2 tins. I could have bought more , but I have about 800 and that should get me through a yr. I figure there is a guy out there that would love to get them for $6.49 plus tax . Someone just like us.

What state? Any #10s

Bass Pro will not provide that service... I asked for a friend.
They actually had some # 10's there . I know for sure cause I almost bought some by accident. The gun shop is in Lomira, Wisconsin. It is Bills gun shop.

I was down to only ~800 percussion caps, and I have been searching the big box stores (Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Scheels) around me for weeks to replenish. This morning I fortuitously stumbled onto a small local gun shop which actually had cases in stock! I only purchased 4000 (mix of CCI #10 and #11, and Remington #11) so there are plenty remaining for others...

I was down to only ~800 percussion caps, and I have been searching the big box stores (Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Scheels) around me for weeks to replenish. This morning I fortuitously stumbled onto a small local gun shop which actually had cases in stock! I only purchased 4000 (mix of CCI #10 and #11, and Remington #11) so there are plenty remaining for others...

How much per 100?

@Idaholewis, @jcnull2305 maybe I could figure out a way to cut the little circles out of the rolled paper caps and put them into spent primers....My fingers would probably get blisters from the scissors though.🤣🤣🤣🤣
The Outlaw Kid on the high road has a method for you... he’s a clever lad, makes his own powder and caps. Thusfar I’m not going there, I’ve always been lucky, buy extra when I buy anything, (at least as far as supplies are concerned) I’m set for a good long time.

I don't have a muzzleloader that uses 209's but I've been reloading shoot gun shells for about 40 years. I've always used Winchester Western 209's. Found them to be more reliable than CCI's. 🏁🏁🏁

Latest posts

Back