Inlay Metals

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
For inlays, I have seen silver, gold, brass, and iron. Am I missing anything? 
What about pewter?

I don't know all the different metal types used for inlays beyond what you mentioned.  I do know there is a difference in the "quality" of parts manufactured/sold.  I made a rookie mistake, I didn't have my drill bit aligned perfect and drilled a hole in my brass side plate off center.  I ran over to Track Of The Wolf and purchased a replacement.  The replacement plate was not nearly as heavy duty, much thinner, and not polished like my original.  I was disappointed to say the least.  Of course, once mounted and worked over you can't tell the difference just by looking.

Have you even use alternative things for inlay? Like, metal lapel pins, tie clasps, coins, and kilt pins? 
I ask because that might expand the options quite a bit. I have been looking at some heritage inspired 
options that are not commercially represented, but would not be out of place on a rifle.

I think it's a personal thing. It's your gun to do as you please. Inlay anything that appeals to you.

Latest posts

Back