Intruduction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don’t believe I did this when I joined.

I’ve been shooting sidelock Muzzies since the mid-80s. Mostly friendly matches with local clubs. I’ve hunted a couple of times. The last deer I shot was with a CVA Stalker rifle that had a 1/32” twist. 90 grains of BP and a 385-grain Great Plains bullet. At 30 yards it was complete overkill!

I’m an NRA Muzzle Loader and ODFW Hunter Ed Instructor. When teaching Muzzle Loaders, one must have a Caplock, Flintlock, and Inline. So, I purchased one for the class. It’s a scoped 50 caliber CVA Eclipse with a 1/32” twist barrel. I’ve taken it out to the range once but need to get back out and play with it some more.

My main reason for being here is, I know very little about Modern Muzzle Loaders although I have a buddy that owns and hunts with two different guns.

If any of you have questions about “Sidelocks” or hunting in Oregon, feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Walt

Welcome BP Addict.:welcome:

I like to think that the term ‘Modern Muzzleloader’ refers to the person behind the gun, regardless of what type of ML they are shooting. Whether theyre a diehard rocklocker or a smokeless shooter, hunter, paperpuncher or any combo of any type. Whatever you want to shoot, and why, is totally cool here. You can even talk about cf guns.

Back