Is it worth going black powder on traditional muzzle loaders?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simply rebranded Schutzen,
It may not be that simple.

Schuetzen (Wano) manufactures to different specs for different customers.
"...can custom manufacture due to it’s ability to blend a variety of charcoals to specification." This is taken from Schuetzen's web page.

It is possible, Grafs and Schuetzen are equal, but why would Schuetzen create a competitor for its own powder? The answer is, they are not equal. Grafs is more than likely having Schuetzen make a powder to their specification, which wouldn't normally compete with Schuetzen. Something like Sears having Whirlpool make appliances for them. A little less quality for a lower price.

Also, from their web page "Schuetzen Powder Energetics, Inc. is a joint venture between Petro-Explo, Inc. and WANO Schwarzpulver GmbH., of Germany."

There must be others in your area ? that shoot the traditional guns in competition. GO seek them out and get some fun friends .you,ll be amazed..i WIN everytime i go...even if i miss all the targets.

Heck yeah its worth it. And shooting .530" round balls will be a lot easier on your shoulder than those big 350 gr conicals you've been shooting out of it.
A 60 gr load of FFg under those round balls and you can shoot all day.

I just started shooting my .54 Renegade, was out again this morning. I loaded up 75 gr of old 3 f Goex using prb hitting my target well enough at 50 yards to put them tick toters in the freezer don't cha know ! Paper shooting 50-60 gr you will be enjoying it.

Back