It was about time for a little range time!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
I ended a great day Sunday with a few hours at the range! 8)

I needed to sight in a few guns, my Disc Extreme MHC with T-hole stock and my newest addition - Omega Lam/T-hole with new Omega scope...

Well.... It didnt take long to proclaim " I LOVE THIS GUN!" It just might be my fav.. I really shoots the 275 BE's like a dream and joined with the Omega BDC it is right on at 200 yds!

Besides the obvious, I tried the new FPB's in the Omega over 95gr of BH209... The results were well..... Nothing great-

DSCN0259.jpg

Next up, I sighted in my Extreme MHC with a variety of bullets.. and to be honest I was searching for someting besides Parkers that would group..

Knight/Barnes 250's seemed to shoot an acceptable group but it was not what I was looking for.. This gun also loves the 200 XTP's but again, I want more bullet. 250 SW's printed my worst group in recent memory.

Next up.. Hornady's FPB's.

With 95gr of BH209... these seem to shoot great in this gun... Smoking hot barrel and all.-

Here are 2 groups- 100 yds

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

Pretty good if you ask me... I will report back with some stiffer loads to see if the group sizes change. Loading the FPB's WAS a bit tricky.. Effort was light to moderate but lining them up and keeping them square to the bore was a tad more difficult. I noticed if I tried to force them down the bbl my group sizes got bigger.. Indicating I may have disformed the base of the bullet. ... ... food for thought---

I didnt shoot a group at 200 .. as bbl cooling was a major factor yesterday.. I only shot a couple at the end of the day. They were about 1" high and dead center...

lol... nope just studying... all the time!

the recoil was very mild like most conical rigs.. 120gr of BH and 275 BE's felt like 2x the recoil. .. .. :shock:

In the second pic... under my thumb is a hole.. .it is labled POA .. 8)

I say Knight/350gr FPB in the morning/woods and Omega/275gr Parker in your skyrise apt in the afternoon! :D

big6x6 said:
I say Knight/350gr FPB in the morning/woods and Omega/275gr Parker in your skyrise apt in the afternoon! :D

sounds like the plan!!!

JJ.....that is nice shootin'!!!

What does FPB mean????

Oh yah! ....no it can't be!!!! Fake Plastic Bullet??
:lol:

You should be tuning up that Bowtech!!!
I'm expecting BIG things from you this year!
If I remember you got a date to let the air outa that big ol', Magilla you were tryin to out smart last year.....Can you say, "REVENGE"!!!
8)
Been doin food plots and thinkin bout you and that ol' boy.

Hey spit!

Thanks... I got alot of young ones on cam early but only does right now.. ( and 30 coons a night ) Seems the gents will be here in time!

I am really nervous about my beloved ole 8 pointer! I saw his brother killed in my county on the DNR and I hope my pal made it though another year.. This will be year 4 if he is still around.....

How old you think he is?
MDGC0049-2.jpg

MDGC0006-3.jpg

Back