i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was a Christmas present several years ago.  It's an unfired Walker Colt replica.  May get around to shooting it soon if i can find some #10 caps.  Cleanup's gotta be a big deal with this thing.   

th_DSC01745.jpg

not huge at all! The extra nipples and the cylinder area involves a little more patience but its not bad. Just wipe the frame out as well and oil.

You will love that! Im getting prices right now on a few pistols I am interested in. Just have to figure out which one hits the sweet spot.

I'd love to get a Walker Colt , as for hitting the sweet spot.....they ALL do !

The 2 things I dislike about a Walker are its enormous size and the ram handle that seems to fall down with every shot. They were intended to be carried on horseback like a Dragoon and I need a horse to support it.:Beating Muley:   They pack quite the wallop though if you load them anywhere near maximum.

I've had several, Spit, and I prefer cows. Horses are too spooky and try to maim or kill you all the time. Just ask "Superman."

Yeah I know , my brother had a couple of horses when we were kids. Another thing about them is they have no positive steering and no shocks !

My Dragoon's plenty big enough for me!  It turns heads at the range when it barks, and even the .44 mag shooters tremble a little when they see the smoke & flame and feel the concussion.

Back