Judging a 120" whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deernut. Didn't take many pictures. Pre digital camera days. This is the best I could find.

File0156.jpg

This picture is where the rack is now located in my garage. It's the one above the Rider flag. To the left are two 150's and the last is my sons 150.

Picture016.jpg

Blue-Dot-37.5, that's a fine deer. There are a few 140's up to 160's killed in my county every year. Not that many though. Everybody seems more consuious now of harvesting more does and letting the small bucks walk. You can harvest 3 does/day here most of the season.

RAF, that is an impressive garage! I guess you needed that wide angle just to fit those big racks in the picture. What does the mounted head measure? Looks to be more than 150.

Not sure. Never put a tape on it. It's not mine. It was in my fathers house until he passed away last fall. I think my grand father shot it. It's at least 50 years old. It was taken in the same area where I hunt.
Its a very symetrical 5 X 5. When I have a little time I'll measure it.

Nice buck RAF!!! When they get that big you don't have to think you just shoot!!!! No judging necessary. I hope I can shoot a typical that big one day...........

My personal best is a 197 non-typical. When I first spotted him I had to do everything possible not to lose control. I even forgot to take my safety off and yanked on the trigger a couple times before I realized what was wrong. I just about blew it. Its pretty hard to prepare yourself for a buck of that calibre. I was pretty lucky to get him.

Latest posts

Back