Just for fun........Best All-Around Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, for me personally I would go with the 200 grain SST/Shockwave. I already have pretty close to a lifetime supply stocked up. But this is just for deer & coyotes, as I doubt I'll ever use a muzzleloader on anything bigger. I have been very impressed with this bullet both in terms of accuracy and terminal performance- it is about the ideal bullet for me for almost any situation. Now if I was going to throw in elk/moose/bears into the mix, obviously this wouldn't be the best choice. In that case I would go with the 300 grain Deep Curl- I have only used the 250 grainers on game, but based on that performance, the 300 grainer would get the nod.

For me it has been Precision Rifle's 300 gr. Dead Center bullet. My Omega tends to like the heavier bullets a little better with moderate to upper moderate powder charges. Example: 100-110 gr. of Triple 7, 90-110 gr of BH 209, and 110-115 gr. of Pyrodex RS.

I would be hard pressed to find any fault with the .452 Hornady XTP in 300 grain. Accurate ,penetrates at almost any angle, a real deer killer, and way cheaper than a lot of these specialty bullets. I believe this is the bullet Henry Ball designed his smokeless rifles around. This bullet never fails. It is very underrated.
As for conicals--NO Excuses conicals are pretty darn good.

Back