...Just wanted you guys to know............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to Carlos, Dave and Greg. I just finished reading a bunch of posts in the  "SHOOTING RANGE SECTION" that these guys posted concerning new bullets and sabots and smokeless shooting. 
They put in a lot of time in the testing from different distances with paper targets and water jugs. I know that they enjoyed themselves in doing the testing, taking the pics and then the forum range report and I'm sure they froze their ass's off at varies times at the range also. With that being said, we can't forget all the info they posted for the members here concerning all their findings is second to none is my opinion. I feel that their reports were better then the manufactures. I'm sure their findings helped the members here in one way or another. They helped me in my shooting by making me shoot better and not just settle for that 2 or 3" group but strive for that 1" group.
Whether it was the bullet or sabot or primer or powder/powder charge they used and the distances they shot from their reports were all interesting and informative. Who would have thought we would see pics and read reports from shooters shooting muzzle loaders at targets at 250 and 300 yards away? I'm sure those 250/300 yard reports made believers out of some guys here.
These guys did it all........and it's all info we can always look back on as a reference.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your dedication to the sport. :Red tup: :Red tup: :Red tup: :Red tup: :Red tup:

Ray................ :thumbs up:

I agree..they put a lot of time testing and then reporting..this is my first attempt at shooting sabotless and Dave is my mentor..I feel very confident with the info he has given me..Carlos the same way..when I order he says you have to try these bullets..lol..tells me the load an sabot to use...I hope to have some range reports on my first attempts sabotless...just have a 1000 more question for dave thats all..lol...he has been a great...you dont find many good guys like that ..that will take time to explain every thing...Carlos also..but when he gets all excited his spanglish gets hard to under stand...I just say Ya ..throw it in my order...great guy Carlos is

Thanks for the kind words & acknowledgement Ray. I'm pretty sure that I can speak for Carlos & Dave when I say. We are glad to help in any way that we can, Greg

X2 on what Greg said. 
Like I told Carlos and Greg, this is one thing that I really enjoy doing and letting everyone know what can be done, and try and help others, because I have been there, done it, and have learned more from you guys than you will ever know. 
That is one thing that I like about the Forum, You guys will help anyone that asks a question. 
My hat is off to all you guys, and THANK YOU for being my friends.

Dave

Ray/ Guys I really appreciate your comments. The thing and testing that Dave, and Greg, and I do, we do it because we enjoy it and to try to see what really works and what does not work, and past the info on to the rest of the board. I do not really do to much anymore since I get so busy and playing both sides of the house ML/SML takes some time to do, but I still try to do both to the best of my abilities. When I first stated on this board I guess some of you thought I was crazy with some of the ideas I had. Ideas like shooting  300 yrds, or using a sabotless bullet, but that is the way I am, and like to try new things to see if they work or not, and for most part they have work ed great, and always past the info to you guys to help you out the best I can. And yes Al my spanglish gets in the way some time :D , but at least we can communicate over the phone and you are a great guy. We will continue to test and improve new ideas and pass them all to every one on this forum. To Dave, Greg all I can say is THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP, could not do it with out you guys. Thanks to the rest of the members for all your support thru out the years.
Carlos

Back