Almost ready for the 200yd postal match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me & Decay had a great day at my range together. Two full days of us shooting together was just great.
He watched me take my Paramount with my scope all out of whack & putting rounds all over the place, off the target altogether at 100 & had to move a target down to 30yds to get it figured out.
I took my last 3 shots of the day right from 30yds to 200yds.
I did not chrony these.
I adjusted both of our Paramount triggers to 1.75lbs before we hit my range this morn.
Only thing remaining now is to bring POI down into the bullseye & I’ll post my entry at 200yds. I hope enough guys will shoot in the 200yd match to keep it going.
This was shot from a front rest & rear bag.

Attachments

• IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
............ I hope enough guys will shoot in the 200yd match to keep it going.......
I'm thinking this weather that's been tearing up a large section of the country has shooters holed up. When it calms down more shooters will get on the range. Winds have been horrid for many, including myself. COLD NE wind coming in off Lake Huron all day at 18mph and gusts to 35.
Glad you're shooting.

Me & Decay had a great day at my range together. Two full days of us shooting together was just great.
He watched me take my Paramount with my scope all out of whack & putting rounds all over the place, off the target altogether at 100 & had to move a target down to 30yds to get it figured out.
I did not chrony these.
I adjusted both of our Paramount triggers to 1.75lbs before we hit my range this morn.
Only thing remaining now is to bring POI down into the bullseye & I’ll post my entry at 200yds. I hope enough guys will shoot in the 200yd match to keep it going.
I get those groups at 20 yds. You shoot at 200 all the tick toters under 50 yds are mine thank you

I have finished my coffee, wind is 19 with gusts at 30. It's 44 i am ready to shoot but looks like it won't be today
I hear ya brother, 20-30mph winds would keep me off the shooting range for sure.
Though, that mentality hasn’t help me even a lil bit to learn how to read the wind to be able to shoot in it.
I can easily do the math with wind speed & the hold value for it, but that’s only half of the process. Actually knowing what the wind is, to apply that math is where I’m a lost puppy, like many guys.
I hope you get to do some shooting soon.
I got stuff to do around the property today, and me & Anonymouscowherd are fishing tomorrow. So I’ll get back to shooting this wk.

I did not chrony these.
That’s a great start! Good shooting.

No shooting today, 15mph goiing to 20 n those gusts when you pull the trigger. This is going to be a repeat of last year. The winds will drop to 3-6 mph and the Temps will be 90 + until Oct. & season opens. So i have decided to do the Zac Brown Band song Toes !

Back